Chapter 20

After a few more shaky breaths, I found my way back to my car and got in. I slumped back into the seat, closing my eyes. Why could I no longer have a normal night? Since when had my life become so hectic and full of drama? I knew the answer to that though. Since Harry had become part of my life. Since I'd fallen in love with Harry Styles. Of all the people in the world, why him? I had the urge to smack my head against the steering wheel, but it wouldn't help. If anything it would only knock me out. 

        A tap on my window nearly frightened me to death. I opened my eyes and saw Harry standing awkwardly at my window. I quickly debated whether to stick the key in the ignition and drive off or open the window and see what he wanted. I went with the latter. 

"What do you want?" I demanded. 

"I wanted to check you were okay." He replied. I stared at him for a moment before replying. 

"Well I am." There was a period of time where neither of us said anything. It wasn't silent, there were noises around us, but none of them came from us. 

"Cassidy, I'm sorry. I probably shouldn't have said what I did-" 

"Which bit?" I interrupted. 

"Whichever bit upset you." I sighed. 

"I can't deal with this right now. Under different circumstances maybe. . ." I trailed off. 

"Maybe what?" He asked. 

"Maybe you an me would work. But I just don't think it will." 

"How do you know?" 

"Because it didn't the first time round." I replied. 

"Because you let it not work." I raised my eyebrows at him. 

"I let it?" I asked. 

"You didn't do anything to stop it, did you? You didn't try to find a way around the problem, you let me go. You let Oliver go too, didn't you? You didn't try to stop him. It's like you don't care, Cassidy. Do you care? Because I don't know if you care about anything." He said. I felt my eyes begin to burn. Of course I cared. How could I not care? I didn't let Oliver go, he walked away. I couldn't have done anything. . .

"I didn't have a choice." I whispered. 

"You didn't have a choice? Of course you had a choice! You always have a choice Cassidy, so don't tell me you didn't have a choice." He argued. I sat silently, staring at my hands on the steering wheel. "I'm going to ask you something now, okay?" I nodded. "Go." I looked up at him. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Go. Go home. Think about your choices, and make one. I really hope you make the right ones." He replied, then without another word walked away from me. 

       I was pretty sure I broke every speed limit as I drove home. But I just wanted to be back in my flat, somewhere that was safe and mine. But even back there I still felt, well, I wasn't even sure. I sat on the sofa, TV on and a cup of tea between my hands, thinking about what Harry had said. What choices did I have? I couldn't see any. Then make a choice said a small voice in my head. I thought back to Oliver. Had I really let him go? I pushed him out the door. That was a choice, wasn't it? But not trying to contact him afterwards, even when I'd missed him, had been a choice too, hadn't it? Was I going to make another choice now though? I had the choice to call him or to not call him. 

        I grabbed my phone and  went onto my phone book, going down to Oliver's name. I held it in my hands, my thumb hovering over the call button. I was going to make a choice. I hope you make the right ones. That was what Harry had said. Was this the right choice? I sure hoped so as I pressed down on call. Bringing the phone up to my ear, my heart began to pound. 

"Hello?" Said the familiar voice of my best friend. 

"Hi." I said shakily. 

"Who's this?" Oliver asked. I felt a pang of hurt and anger. He'd deleted my number? He didn't recognise my voice? 

"It's Cass." I replied. Silent. 

"I know." 

"Then why did you ask?" I demanded. 

"I don't know." Silent. 

"I miss you." I said quietly. 

"I miss you too." He replied. I smiled. 

"I'm sorry."  I told him. 

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so horrible." He apologised. 

"But it was true. I'm not with him anymore." I said. 

"But you should be." He replied. 

"What?" I asked. 

"You should be. I've never seen you happier. I know it sounds weird, but it was different from other times you've had boyfriends. There was just something. . .different. So please call him. Apologise. Just do something. Don't let him go." Don't let him go. Was it true then? Did I just let people go? 

"You really think so?" I asked quietly. 

"I do. So get off the phone with me and do something." He said. I could hear the smile in his voice. 

"Only if you promise me something." I told him. 

"What?" 

"Don't leave me again." 

"I won't." He said. "I promise." 

       I hung up after that, but I didn't call Harry straight away. Instead I left it a bit, and just thought about how great it was that I was friends with Oliver again. I'd missed him. But I knew I had other choices to make, ones to make before I called Harry. Those choices were to do with Baites. Did I want it enough to lose Harry? I wasn't sure. But did that mean I didn't? 

         I thought it best to sleep on it, but even when I woke in the morning I was still unsure of what to do. How badly did I want Baites? Did I want Harry more? I needed help, but I didn't want it. I had to do this on my own. Harry said he would help me set up my own business. So should I just leave Baites and go with Harry? But I didn't know how long Harry and I would last. So many decisions. How much time did I have before Harry gave up on me? 

        I thought about it throughout the day, fretting and worrying. That oy had probably caused me more worry than anyone ever. I hated him for it. But I still loved him. I was sure of that. But I still didn't know what to do. Finally, I came to a decision. I picked up my phone and found Harry's number. I pressed call. 

"Hi." I said when he picked up. 

"Hi." He replied. 

"Harry?" I said. 

"Yes?" He answered. 

"I've made my decision."