"I will NOT hesitate to throw her into an asylum."

Chapter 1-

The echoing of the school bell rang out. I looked around for someone with a familiar face, someone I could walk with . I turned sharply to the right, and watched as a girl pushed past me, but something wasn’t quite right. Her face had been scared to a point of no return, her hair hung dead. I fell backwards, into another guy, who had blood dripping from his lips. He gave me the glare and continued to walk away. I started panting, panic surging through my body. Then I felt someone’s hands wrap around my waist, dragging into the blinding light of the school yard. “Sanrevelle, SANREVELLE; look at me.” I was being shaken by a young man. I closed my eyes and opened them again. It was Logan; he had been my best friend, well my only friend for a long time. “Sanrevelle, it’s ok. It was all unreal…” I looked up at him as he gave me a comforting hug. “It felt so real…” I said, still recovering from the recent experience. He buried his head into my shoulder. “I know, but I’m here, I’ll protect you.” “It’s getting worse… Everyday is a struggle to get through.” He kissed my hand and spun me slowly around. “Let’s get you home.” He wrapped his arm around my waist and took me home.

This is what I have to put up with. Sometimes; if I’m lucky, it will occur once, maybe twice a day. But on most occasions, I go through this stuff at least 7 times a day. Why do I still go to school you wonder? Well it’s simple. I try to pretend like I’m fine, but lately its becoming harder to do so. I used to be in denial, but with Logan’s help and ongoing support; I’ve realised there’s no running away from this. So instead of being the damsel in distress; I’m trying to be the brave knight…

“Here we go, do you want me to…” “YES, please…” I cut him off before he even finished his sentence. He asked every night, so I didn’t need to hear everything. “Ok, well after you.” He smiled and I turned around to face the door. ‘I can see you. I’m coming for you. NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY.’ I froze and he came up behind me. I quickly pulled him in front of me and stood as close as I could behind him. “It’s ok, I’ll keep you safe.” I gripped onto his t-shirt as i followed him into my own house. It sounded stupid, me being afraid of my own house, but I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. Logan had his arm twisted around, so it was near my hip. He walked towards the door, I shut my eyes tight, trying to block out everything that tried to get me. Whispers, echoed through my ears, dark and creepy. “Are we inside yet?” I whimpered: my eyes still shut. “Almost.” I heard the door creak open and the voices instantly disappeared. “You’re safe now.” Logan’s voice was soft and comforting.

“Sanrevelle; is that you?” My father’s harsh voice broke through the silence. “Yes father; and Logan is here too.” I heard him moan and then he thudded down the hallway. He was a well built man, with dark eyes that pierced through your soul. As he turned the corner, I saw his face; his eyes were black. I gripped onto Logan’s arm and he knew what I saw. “What?” My father spat harshly. I looked away, my heart racing. It always happened whenever dad was around; Logan said he though it was because I was afraid of what he’d do to me. “SANREVELLE LOOK AT ME WHEN IM SPEAKING TO YOU.” “Mr Knight, please.” Logan stepped in front of me and I watched as my father backed away. “You are a fucked up little girl Sanrevelle.” “MR KNIGHT! Your daughter is fragile.” He spun around, his eyes full of hatred. “You watch your tone with me young man. You have NO RIGHT being here. She is insane! If she gets any worse, I will not hesitate to throw her into an asylum. And I’d like to see you stop me.” I was shivering behind Logan, looking into the eyes of the man I was supposed to call My Father. “I’m going to the pub. You can stay here and babysit her, so she doesn’t try to claw herself to death.” He pushed past Logan and slammed the front door. Tears were slowly pouring down my cheeks. I stumbled over to the couch and sat down. Throw her into an Asylum… Me? Was I really that bad? I felt Logan’s hand on my shoulder, slowly pulling me closer to him. How was I so lucky? To find a friend like him? I just wished it could be more than that. But who’d ever fall for a girl like me. I’m so screwed up, and engulfed in my own imaginary world for anyone to ever love me…. I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of the TV drone out as I fell into a deep state of physical exhaustion.

[Logan’s POV]

Her father was finally gone. It tore me up inside to watch him treat her this way. But he was right; I couldn’t do anything to stop him. I just had to try and slowly make him see, that she needs love and support; but the only things that goes into that creeps head is what time he is going to go and get drunk. I wish I could take her; just run away and look after her myself. And I would; if it wasn’t for my family. My mother, father, little brother… They were the only things keeping me here. Other than her… I looked down and saw her fast asleep, shuddering every now and then. She did it all the time. Her dreams churning inside her mind, causing confusion… I just had to sit and watch her suffer. Everyday, was the same as the day before. Tortuous; heart wrenching. And to make it worse; I was madly in love with her. You’re probably thinking I’m just a sick young man who’s using her, but I swear to god it’s not true. I guess that’s why you’re the first person I’ve told. Yes; I’m talking to you. The one reading this… That’s why you’re reading isn’t it? To know how it feels? What its like? Well I’m telling you, it’s not pretty. When she smiles at me; when she laughs… I just want to pull her close and kiss her. But I can’t. And I can’t tell her either… It’d be too hard on her. She has enough going on and I can’t ruin her faith in me… If I can’t be her lover; then I’ll always stand beside her as her best friend… Anyway back to what you really wanted to read…

I flicked off the TV and gently picked her up. She smiled as I carried her to her bedroom. I gently laid her down and took of her shoes, placing them beside her bed like I did every night. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead as she rolled onto her side. Like I did every other time, I wrote her a note saying the following…

‘You fell asleep again. I will meet you at the corner tomorrow morning for school. Love Logan.’

I placed it on her pillow and kissed her one last time. I switched off the light, shut the door hanging her homemade ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on the handle, and quietly made my way back home…

'A/N sorry its a short chapter- just gotta get into the swing of writting Non FanFiction again (: x B'