Chapter 18

A/N: OWFIJWEOIJWOFIJ. gah.

Chapter 18

LOUIS POV

Louis' father just died.

He DIED.

Louis felt as though he should be more upset. I mean it was his father after all. But he also tried to kill the most important person in his life, in his EXISTENCE; and that cannot be forgiven. Ever.

He felt so comfortable and warm in Harry's arms, despite the chilly air. He was cuddled into the crook of Harry's neck, crying, in shock. He wanted this to stop. He wanted it to all be a dream.

The ship jerked.

Louis straightened up, looking around, still clutching Harry in his arms. The ship started to shudder, but then stilled, tilting a bit more. He turned to Harry, smiling grimly. "It's almost time..."

Harry jerked his head in a nod. "We'll make it baby, I promise. Let's find us a boat."

But promises are made to be broken.

LIAM POV

Liam was looking uneasily around deck, squinting through the crowds of people, looking for his four friends. What if they weren't okay? What was wrong? Oh god, he hoped they'd show up soon....where were they?! Liam started panicking. Oh god they might be dead....oh god. He couldn't think about it. He was about to hyperventilate. He scrunched his eyes shut, trying to calm down. They'll be fine. He tried to rid himself of negative thoughts and think positive. They'd be okay. They'd be okay...right?

RIGHT?!

Okay so optimism wasn't working so well for him.

Suddenly, a man grabbed his arm. "Sir, it's your turn, please step into the lifeboat." Liam jerked his arm away. "No, I'm waiting for my friends."

"Sir, you must get into the lifeboat."

"I told you no, I'm waiting for my friends! I need to make sure they're alright!"

"Sir, with all due respect, this ship is going down within an hour. Get into the lifeboat."

The usually polite Liam felt as though he was about to explode. "NO! I'M GOING TO WAIT FOR MY FRIENDS! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, I CAN'T LEAVE THEM!" Tears started rolling down his cheeks. "I-I NEED TO MAKE SURE THEY'RE OKAY, I C-CAN'T L-LET THEM GET HURT OR D-D-" Liam couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence. "Sir, I can't leave you. You must get on the lifeboat." Him and another crew member tightly gripped Liam by the arms, and dragged him over to the boat, having the crew member inside pull him in. Liam was thrashing about, trying to get away. "NO STOP LEAVE ME ALONE I WANT TO WAIT!"

"Sh, it's alright sir, calm down, you're going to be fine-"

"NO I WON'T B-BECAUSE I PROMISED I'D W-WAIT AND N-NOW THEY'RE GOING TO GET H-HURT, I N-NEED TO HELP PLEASE LET ME OUT!"

"LOWER THE BOAT!" a crew member shouted, and the one in the boat gripped the jerking Liam tightly as it went down. Once in the water, he let Liam go, who began sobbing violently. Liam sat on the bench, head in his hands, crying loudly. His shuddering, devastated, hopeless sobs could be heard from a mile away.