Chapter 12

“Who’s –“ It hit me. Caroline. The one Harry had had a…thing with.

“Oh,” I said a bit quietly and Harry put his hands on either side of me, against the wall, so he was trapping me in. He groaned and put his head down, and his forehead was against my chin. My breathing slowed down and he looked up, right into my eyes, and I could see tiny flecks of brown and gold in his green ones.

Resisting the urge to rip off his clothes, I straightened my shoulders a bit.

“Who cares if she’s here?” I asked, looking back between the boys.

They gawked a little.

“Who cares? If someone sees me talking to her and thinks we’re…together, again, it’ll be everywhere!”

There was a little suggestion flying around in my head, and I grabbed onto it.

“So…just tell her you’re with me.”

Harry looked up and at me again and raised one eyebrow.

“With you?”

“Yeah, why not? She doesn’t have a reason to believe it’s not true. Unless, you know, you don’t want to-“

“We could do that,” Harry was nodding while he was talking, and he looked back at Louis, “Right?”

Louis nodded in agreement.

I was a tad nervous now. I hadn’t counted on him agreeing, but now that he had, I was beginning to think. If she did talk to him and he said we were dating, did I look like a good fake girlfriend? If somehow, God forbid, the media found out, would I look convincing enough?

I shook my head clear of all those thoughts when, sadly, Harry took his hands off the wall and he gently touched my back, prodding me forward into the crowd. He out his arm out to me, and I took it, scanning the room for Caroline.

“There she is,” Harry whispered in my ear, and he subtly cocked his head to the left. I peeked behind his head, but all I saw were a few women talking. None were unbelievably pretty, which I thought were the only type of girls Harry went for.

“Where?” I asked.

“Brown hair. Blonde at the end.”

I gasped. I saw her.

“What?” he asked, looking at me intently.

“She…she’s gorgeous, Harry,” I whispered, looking in awe at the woman.

“She’s…pretty,” he conceded, studying her. Suddenly, she turned around and Harry quickly whipped his head back towards me, but she had seen him, and she was making her way over.

“Hello, Harry,” she purred, running a finger down his chest, “Don’t you look….darling.”

“Thanks,” he muttered, glancing behind her, avoiding eye contact.

“And who’s this?!” She gushed, but I could tell it was totally fake. Harry looked her in the eye and stood up a little straighter, interlacing his fingers with mine, and I felt little tingles go down my spine.

“This is my girlfriend, Bree.”

Caroline lifted a perfectly trimmed eyebrow, “Isn’t that sweet?” She cooed, glaring daggers at me.

“I just love your dress!” I squealed, and she narrowed her eyes at me.

“Mhm, I had it custom made,” she bragged, and I tried not to roll my eyes.

“Well, we better go,” Harry said, tugging my arm. I looked his way and he quickly sent me an evil grin before planting a kiss on my cheek, looking at Caroline, who was trying not to fume.