Chapter 1: Truth In Lies

"One more day and I'm free of all these lies." Louis sighed. He sat back onto the love seat he was sitting on and leaned his head back and shut his eyes.

Harry gently placed a hand on Louis' thigh and snuggled his head into his chest.

"I've been waiting forever for this day to come, and it's only a day away." Harry grinned into Louis' chest. Louis could feel Harry's smile fade as he shot his next question.

"Why did they make us do this anyways? Harry asked.

Louis eyes opened up wide as he sat up straight lightly pushing Harry off of him causing Harry to furrow his brows.

"They thought the fans would stop supporting us." Louis whispered.

"Then they wouldn't have been real fans anyway, right Lou?" Harry said.

Louis nodded his head slowly.

"I wonder how everyone is going to take it." Louis said again while clearing his throat.

"There probably going to be really happy for us, as long as we're happy." Harry smiled.

Louis facial expression stayed emotionless.

"And if they don't?" Louis said while turning to face Harry.

"Then they're no fans of ours." Harry replied.

"What about Eleanor?" Louis asked now asking all the questions.

"What about El?" Harry said in confusion while tilting his head to the side.

"They are going to hate her too.."

"They won't hate us.." Harry corrected.

"- And It doesn't matter what they think of her, her contract is over. She was just another road block."

Harry looked straight into Louis' eyes as they began to water.

"Why? Aren't you happy Louis? We can finally be together. Isn't that what you've wanted?"

Louis paced around the room while chewing on his bottom lip. He finally stood by the window. His eyes had tears welded up in them aching to spill over the edge. He placed both hands on the pane and took a well deserved deep breath. He shut his eyes tightly and just stood still.

Harry walked up behind him, wrapping his arms around his torso.

"Louis, are you doubting our relationship?" He asked worried while clutching on to Louis tightly.

Louis shook his head quickly in disagreement, before nodding his head, "As much as it hurts to say, yes.."

Harry's heart, exploded. His body seemed to have shut down for a moment. It felt as if rocks were being pelted at his body. His rib cage, collapsing.

Harry has been waiting for this since the first few months he met Louis. He's been dieing to be with him but their Management Team thought they wouldn't be accepted for who they were. They knew that girls where falling in love with these boys left and right. How could these two boys just, come out. All these boys wanted was love. But their crew, just wanted money. So they hired a young lass by the name of Eleanor. She had to be seen with Louis so the 'rumours' of Harry and Louis would fade. He had to hold her hand, kiss her, smile around the cameras even when he was breaking. Those rumours where anything but. It was true love, anybody with a brain could see the way they looked at eachother.

People who loved Louis and Harry would always fall for their fake smiles and think they were happy. But that only made them break even more.

There was something about the way Louis hugged Harry. The way their bodies perfectly fitted with each other. He never hugged Eleanor like that. He never looked into her eyes that way. The way they speak to each other, the things they do. They both looked genuinely happy, but their image had to be kept clean. For years, these two boys were dying to be together. The only public affection they could display was a hug, when they've won an award or simple gestures. Nothing else could be allowed. Harry tookion those small touches so much, that deep down inside, he died a little knowing that he had to keep his love for his best friend a secret.

They're only human, they should have been able to choose who they love for what they feel when they are around that person. Not to keep an image clean, images fall apart anyways, small crumbles won't make a massive effect. Love is love, woman and man, man and man, woman and woman. There's no difference.

"Louis.. If you don't want to be with me, I understand completely.." Harry said silently. His breathing increased rapidly, holding back tears. He's been cut, deeper than any blade could ever cut. He slowly unwrapped his arms away from Louis and ran a hand through his hair.

"Ive been waiting forever for this day, and I still can't be happy, so when can I?"

Harry ran across the room and towards the front door. He grabbed his coat off the hanger and walked outside onto the front lawn. His tears falling slowly. He stuck his hands in his pockets and strolled down the street.

"But I don't care what they say, I'm in love with you.." He whispered.

He began kicking a small pebble along his path.

"They try to pull me away, but they don't know the truth.." Harry whispered again.

The rain started to fall quickly, he held his head up high.

Back at home, Louis was fighting himself and what he was feeling.