The Truth

Alice's P.O.V

-----------------

Alice was so excited it was her 15th birthday. Her dad Pitch was finally going to tell her the "secret".

Alice: *I wonder what he's going to tell me.*

"Dad!!!"

Pitch:"Yes Alice?"

"Can you tell me the secret now?"

Pitch:"Not until midnight."

"But why?!"

"Because I said so!!"

I could tell he was angry so I didn't say anything.

"Well can I at least go out without destroying something you want me to destroy?"

"Fine but be back at sunset."

"Okay"

I went to the river that was near the mountain. I was tired of dad being so overprotective. Pitch was my father but sometimes when I have a little memory zapped into me. There was a women and a man carrying me and saying" She is precious." and all the other stuff. I figured out they were my parents. Something didn't seem right though. The father I remembered was kind and compassionate and would never hurt anything but pitch was my father and he always wanted me to destroy and he wasn't kind at all to me or anyone else. He also said that my mother died but I didn't believe that. I started singing Burning Gold by Christina Perri.

Looking for an exit in this world of fear.

I can see the path that leads the way.

Mama never left and daddy needs me here.

I wish the wind would carry a change.

Looking through the window to a world of dreams.

I can see my future slip away.

*starts walking through the forest and to the mountain*

Honey you won't get there if you don't believe I wish the wind would carry a change.

I've had enough.

I'm standing up.

I need, I need a change.

I've had enough,of chasing luck.

I need, I need a change.

*starts climbing and walking across the mountain and to the top*

I'm setting fire to the life that I know.

Let's start a fire everywhere that we go.

We starting fires,we starting fires

Till our lives are burning gold

*continues with rest of the song and finally reaches top*

The sunset was beautiful up there. The last rays of sunlight shined on me. I was so happy. Oh shit I forgot about coming home after sunset. I ran and I ran so fast (going down a mountain is better than going up a mountain) that I made it before 8:00.

After we ate my cake and all that my father finally told me the secret.

"Alice you know that I always avoid this subject right?"

I nodded.

"Well I'll tell you. When you were a baby I kidnapped you."