Epilogue: Legacy

Epilogue: Legacy

James sat on the edge of the bed watching Amy run her hand over her smooth stomach, her fingers dancing over the skin as she smiled uncontrollably. It had been a week since they had fought Ares, and with the help of a God, banished the demons back to their planet on the edge of the universe. With the threat gone the world had already started to pull itself from the ashes and rebuild what had been lost, and with the unbreakable spirit of humanity they would flourish once again.

“Are you sure I’m actually pregnant?” Amy asked softly as she played with her stomach.

“I don’t think a God would lie to me,” he laughed and climbed back into the bed.

“My parents are going to kill you, you know that right?” she said and they both laughed.

“I’m just glad they weren’t in a major city when the world ended.”

“Me too,” she sighed happily, “Oh, I have a name picked out.”

“And what would that be?”

Amy smiled at him and pulled herself closer until her body was pressed against his, “Gabriella, after her father.”

James pressed his lips against hers in an intense kiss as passion took root in their minds and they began to lose themselves in the pleasures of one another. Using her incredible strength Amy pushed James flat on his back and threw her leg over his waist so she was straddling him.

“So, you like that name?” she asked.

“I love it! And I love you,” he smiled widely.

‘I love you too, baby.’