Chapter 10

ALASKA PICTURE ON THE SIDE ------------>

[10]

" Nina everything wil be alright ok? I promise." I whispered to Nina, who was lying on the floor. Her chest was still rising. And her breaths came in delicate and frail hums. A sweet but painful lullaby.

The sirens had begun, signaling the ambulance were making there way to the aid. Nina's hair was still wet from the cold shower she had taken. I smiled at the memmory, of her screaming in complaint that the water was freezing.

Her olive color skin, was now dangerously pail, the blood drained from her face. There were creases above her eyes, signaling the pain she had felt. There was a large hole pierced in her chest, with blood spattered everywhere, with an enormouse pool of blood.

I was freaking out.

Of course I was, my friend is in a bad state, and I just got shot.

Oh right, I just got shot. Blood was still oozing out from the wound. It hurt like hell everytime I attempted to move around.

All of a sudden, the ambulance people and police guys were making there way towards us, with strechers. Two of them. It took me a moment to realize one was for me!

I watched Nina being slumped gently unto the strecher. Her frail body was motionless, with the exception that life was still in her.

Now that I think of it. Nina is the third person I've watched enter the hospital with life. And the first two came out dead. I won't let that happen to Nina. My bestfriend. She was always my everything. Almost like a sister I never had. But that doesn't matter. Nina can't die!

Someone is now gripping my arm, and next thing I know, I was laid unto the strecher. Fear ran through my veins, at the horrible tought of entering the ambulance. It was fearing to know, thats where people In danger of dying go. I wasn't going to die!

" Can you contact any relatives?" one of the policemen asked.

I nodded, and he passed me a phone.

I dialled the number.

" what's your name?" a nurse questioned.

" Alaska Lewis..." I answered, with a strangled cry. I noticed how much it hurt to even speak. I yelped with every intake of breath.

" And your friend?"

" Nina Valeria."

Just then Nina's boyfriend answered the phone.

" hello?" Justin asked, carelessly. I could tell his attention was elsewhere.

" Justin?" I asked.

" Alaska?" he seemed slightly surprised.

I was about to answer, when my belly did a double flip, and I screeched in agony, my whole body was shaking and throbbing. My breaths came in harsh pants, and I had trouble catching my breath.

" Are you ok? What's going on?" curiosity now took over his voice.

" Nina!" I choked out.

" What? What happened to Nina!" Now his attention was all centered in me.

" We- she got shot!" I gasped out.

" What? Are you joking with me?" Justin snorts.

Suddenly the phone slipps from my fingers and my eyes are closing.

The last tought that shot through my mind was, why had the medical people act more concered with me?

Who was then, the one in danger of dying?

[TO BE CONTINUED 20 MINUTES LATER]

The first thing I noticed, when my eyes fluttered open, was the stench of death. And that alone freaked me out.

" She's awake." A nurse chirps giggedly.

" Good." Another replies, scanning through a list in his clipboard.

" How do you feel?" The female nurse asks.

" As if I had just gotten shot." I retort.

" You have!" She giggles.

I shut my eyes, for the rays of the hospitol lights are blinding my already poor eyesight.

The next couple of hours go by fast, and I was informed Nina was in good state, and was in observation for a couple of weeks.

The problem was actually me.

They were going to treat me with a special medicine and will low my defences. And that would be critical since I was pregnant, and my defences then would be dangerlously low and I could come up with something.

That alone sent me back to the real world.

It was either life or death.

Of course I wanted life.

But does life want me?

DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNN!!! HOW BOUT IT FOLKS? ;) THANKS TO THOSE BRILLIANT FANS AND COMMENTS! ♥

SHAYLA<3