Chapter 8

The perfect quote to describe this chapter is: "My life is made of awkward moments that are just strung together by other awkward moments" - Daniel Sharman. 

Have fun reading!!!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Mark and Yukhei got the kids out of bed, who thankfully had forgotten about the whole situation of last night and didn't ask any questions.

They ate their breakfast and tried to get the kids ready for school. Yukhei was giving Mei a ponytail while Mark was doing Ash's hair.

"How can you be so good at that?" Mark asks Yukhei who made a perfect ponytail. "I watched a lot of tutorials and then it took me a hundred times before it looked anywhere near decent" Yukhei laughs.

"Did you ever do that thing with the vacuum cleaner?" Mark can't help but wonder because that's totally a thing he sees the older man doing.

"I tried it once, but the ponytail doesn't look as good, not to start about how dirty that is" Yukhei says.

Mark lets out a laugh imagining the scene. His laugh gets interrupted by the doorbell.

Mark wonders who the hell that could be at 8:00 AM. So he opens the door only to be surprised by the person standing in front of it.

"Oh Markie I'm so glad you're okay" his mom says before giving him a hug. "Mom what are you doing here?" Mark asks.

"Ash called last night, saying it was happening again, so your dad and I rushed home to check on you, you know how the attacks can be" she says.

Mark knew, if nobody helped him out of it, he would be unable to function for hours. Which was exactly the reason his parents were confused, how their son was able to stand in front of them functioning totally normally.

The reason made itself known a couple of seconds later. Yukhei walked into the hallway -followed by two little pairs of feet- shouting "Mark it's time to take the kids to school" (that sounded so husbandy omg lol)

Upon noticing Mark's parents he said: "I'll guess I'll take them to school then". He tried to get his coat but was stopped by Marks mom who gave him a hug. "Thank you so much for taking care of Mark".

"It's no problem really" Yukhei said, he couldn't really add the "because I'm totally crushing on your son part" now could he.

Mark helped the kids put on their coats and that was the moment his dad finally noticed Mei.

"Oh hello, aren't you adorable" his dad said, talking to Mei who was shyly hiding behind Marks' leg.

"That's Mei she's Yukhei's daughter" Mark's mom told his dad before the two started talking about how cute she was.

Mark let out an embarrassed groan and looked up to find Yukhei already looking at him. "Help" he mouthed.

"Oh is it that late, we need to be going" Yukhei said, "we can't be late for school now can we". "But daddy we are always late" Mei says.

Mark laughs while Yukhei just curses his daughter for exposing him in front of Mark's parents.

"Ehmm but Ash isn't so we should definitely keep his reputation up, shouldn't we Ash" Yukhei said. Almost pulling the kids out of the house.

Once they're gone Mark's dad speaks up "So who was that?". "Markie's boyfriend I told you about" his mom answers.

"He's not my boyfriend" Mark responds. "Well, he managed to get you out of that panic attack so that surely must mean something" his mom said in a matter of fact way.