Chapter 5

"So honey have you heard, Mark has a boyfriend" Marks mum says. "Who is the victim" Mark's dad comments.

"Mommmmm" Mark whines "he's not my boyfriend" he states ignoring his dad's joke. "What you say darling, Ash says you went out for dinner" she says with an eyebrow raised.

"That wasn't anything we went to McDonald's with the KIDS" Mark answers. "What you say" his mom says before trying to get his dad to give his opinion on it as well.

A couple of hours later Mark and Ash leave his parents home from their weekly Sunday family dinner and go back to their apartment where he immediately gets Ash ready for bed.

After putting Ash to bed Mark lies down on the couch and watches some tv. Bored with the uninteresting program he grabs his phone.

He got a text form Yukhei: "Do you have any idea what the kids are learning at school?"

"I think just regular preschool stuff" Mark answers frowning his eyebrows at the question.

The kids are four so Mark doesn't think it's that complicated.

"Well, I took Mei and said we were going to buy basil and coriander. She then asked me what that was, so I told her they were herbs. Then she asked me if we were buying weed. WEED MARK. Where did she learn that she is four. What does Taeyong learn our kids."

At that point Mark was laughing so hard he almost fell off the couch.

"Conspiracy theory: Taeyong is a drugs dealer and training them to be his little helpers" Mark sends back.

"Are you saying he is a drug Santa" Yukhei replies.

And that is how Mark ends his night with a smile on his face.

-----------------------

Mark walks out of his boss office internally swearing. His boss had given him extra work which meant he was never going to be done in time to pick Ash up from school.

He calls his parents but no one picks up. Annoyed he tries this mom's mobile number. "Hi, sweetie is there something wrong?

"How do you know?" Mark asks his mom happy that she picked up.

"Well if it wasn't some type of emergency you probably wouldn't call us why we were on our trip would you".

F*ck, the trip, he remembers his parents talking about it and curses at himself for forgetting it. What was he going to do now?

"No, I just wanted to tell you guys to have a good time I forgot that yesterday" Mark lies trying to sound like he hadn't forgotten.

"Okay thank you darling, tell Ash we said hi, now I need to go, bye" his mom says before she hangs up the phone.

In complete desperation the dials a certain number. "Yes" a deep voice answers.

"Hey, Yukhei I was wondering if you could maybe take Ash with you from school because my boss just gave me extra work so I'm not getting off soon and my parents are..." Marks starts rambling.

"Wow calm down, of course, I can take Ash with me, no problem. You did the same remember? There are no reasons to be stressed out." Yukhei says trying to calm Mark down.

"Okay, thank you" Mark says letting out a breath he didn't even realize he was holding.

-----------------------

He is -of course- late when Yukhei makes his way through the hallways of the preschool. He enters the classroom where the kids and Taeyong are waiting.