21

Looking at the comments on the last chapter, not a lot of you are a fan of Jane ^^' don't worry she won't be around for much longer.

- A x

---

Your POV

"Allfather." I spoke quietly, still afraid of Odin.

"Do you know why I have summoned you here?" He asked.

"No, your highness."

"In the events that occured last week, you risked your life for my queen."

"I was just doing what had to be done."

"No. You did more. You protected her. It was just unfortunate that you were outnumbered."

"I'm sorry, Allfather. I miss Queen Frigga."

"As do I. However I believe that I cannot let your bravery go unrewarded."

I looked up at him, locking eye contact.

"Some time ago, Frigga used to have a protectress named Hlín. She renounced her birthright to be with a mortal on Midgard. Frigga was left alone, and I punish myself every day for letting her go unprotected. Maybe if I did, I would still have my queen."

I bowed my head in respect. I don't think I had actually bonded this much with Odin.

"Frigga was very capable. She has a better hand than me."

"(Y/n), I have asked you here to become a warrior, but not also that. I would like to announce you as a goddess."

I frowned. In a short space of time, my life seemed to flash before my eyes, as if it was leading up to this moment. From starving on the streets of Asgard to being brought in as the Queens personal handmaid.

"The goddess of victory. Although a play on words, I believe with training you will face great victory. I watched you hold off that beast in the last seconds before. You have a skill that I have not seen one possess."

"I-I don't-"

He held up a hand to silence me.

"You will be renamed. You may use your personal name for personal matters. But as a goddess, you will be named Sigyn."

"Allfather, thank you." I curtseyed.

"No need to. You will be moved into new chambers. You will have maids. I have paired you with Sif, and she will train you for battle. However before all of this, it must be made official through a ceremony. Tonight."

"A-and the palace knows about this?"

Odin smirked slightly.

"They do now."

---

I walked down the corridors to my old maids chambers. I was in shock. I heard my name being called and turned around to see Thor and Jane.

"(Y/n). Father has told me of your new title. Sigyn?"

"Not yet. It'll be official tonight... I guess?"

"I cannot wait! What a celebration we will have." He grinned.

"Thor, I'm confused. Whats going on? Why the sudden change of demeanour? We are supposed to be mourning."

Thor looked at Jane and bit his lip.

"We need all the help we can get destroying Malekith, and the aether. You will be a great addition. This needs to be dealt with swiftly." He sighed.