Chapter Ten: When You Move In For the First Kiss.

EDITED

PICTURE: Dianna Agron as Delilah Daniels

Title of chapter from: First Kiss by Ryan O'Shaughnessy

EXTERNAL LINK: Emily's Outfit when she's at the bar.

-Felicity .x

~*~

Chapter Ten: When You Move In For the First Kiss.

EMILY:

"What do you want?" I groaned into the phone, as my sleep blurred eyes opened. My head pounded as if a hammer was smashing against my brain. Whoever had the nerve to call me on my hangover day, was going to die a long and slow death. 

"I'm just reminding you that you have to meet your sister at the airport at noon," A cheerful voice chimed. I groaned, as the sound echoed around my throbbing head. "I knew you'd forget."

"I was actually...planning on staying in bed and dying today," I mumbled groggily. "Come on, Niall. How don't you have a hangover?"

"I'm Irish."

"So am I!" 

"Anyway, yesterday you told me to remind you to collect Delilah's at the airport at noon because you'd be too hungover to remember!" Niall said. "I'll take my thank you later." I let another whine  escape my lips. He was right. I was flying my sister out to visit me and I had to meet her at the airport.

"Fine, I'll get up. But it's for Delilah, not for you people," I muttered, feeling crabby.

"So kind," She scoffed. "How's Louis? Is he in dire need of painkillers too?"

"How should I know?" I snapped, feeling guilty immediately after I did so. Clearly, the headaches control my tone of voice. It wasn't his fault I got plastered yesterday.

And then I caught sight of something – or someone – who nearly scared the living daylights out of me.

Louis Tomlinson was asleep in my bed.

Oh my God!

What happened last night? I can't really remember. There was a party for Harry's birthday. I vaguely remember a shots contest - oh God.

Why am I drinking so much lately?

A smile tugged at my lips, as I watched the boy's chest rise and fall, calculating his every breath, his peaceful sighs. The unruly brown hair pointed in all directions. I sighed. It was wrong to feel this way about a taken boy. Even if the girlfriend was vicious to me. She had still claimed him.

I hopped out of bed, careful not to jostle him awake. The last thing I needed was for Louis to see me looking like this. My clothes were seriously messy, as if a stampede of bulls had ran over them. My hair was a disgrace – it looked like two washes wouldn't take out those knots. My mascara was in chunks in my lashes, and the lipstick had dried and was caked into my lips. Ew.

By half ten and two shampoos later, I was freshly dressed in a crisp blouse, and denim shorts. My hair flowed smoothly into a neatly tied ponytail. I wasn't wearing make up. I looked quite nice for Hangover Day, even if I do say so myself!

Lou still hadn't awoken. I didn't plan on disturbing him until I really had to. He looked so peaceful and content, sleeping. I rubbed my temples in annoyance at myself. Shut up, Emily, I thought fiercely.

My stomach growled impatiently. I snatched my phone from the bedside table in case someone called and the noise startled Louis. I scampered downstairs to eat hotel breakfast; my head only slightly paining now. The wonders Tylenol can do. 

I helped myself to the buffet, and took a seat at a window table alone. But as I did, I noticed a groggy looking Louis enter the room, looking like death personified. 

"Morning, Louis," I said, looking up as he approached my table. His eyes met mine for a brief second before flitting away quickly. I frowned.

"Anything to eat?" I asked. He didn't answer, just fidgeting with his fingers. "Do you wanna me to get you some coffee? Tea?"

"No thanks," He murmured.

"Tylenol?" I offered, tossing him a box, expecting him to catch it. He let it fall to the floor.

"No...no, thank you. I'll go out for a walk and get some on my way," Louis muttered, and turned sharply out the door. I sighed, the answer to Louis' odd behaviour obvious. He didn't know what happened last night either, and it was making him feel guilty. He has a girlfriend, of course he'd be alarmed to wake up in somebody else's hotel room.

I glanced at my phone. Eleven o'clock exactly. I only had an hour before I had to meet Delilah at the airport. 

I called a taxi outside the hotel and directed it to the airport.

 ~*~

"Delilah!"

"Emily!"

Hugs were given and kisses were thrown around, and shouts echoed around the airport. My fifteen year old sister had sunglasses propped up on top of her head, her short, choppy blonde hair waving about her shoulder. She sported a huge grin.

"It's so good to see you!" I said, "How have you been?" 

We chatted excitedly all the way back to the hotel, catching up on news and gossip. Niall was lounging in the lobby and when he saw Delilah, he got up to give her a hug.

"Delilah!" 

"Hey, Niall," She said, "How have you been?" 

"Fantastic," He said, "I'm very excited about our two week break."

"March, right?" 

"Yeah." Niall nudged me. "Delilah, did you hear your sister's going to Paris?"

"Yes! The City of Looooove," She giggled, poking me. "With Louis!" 

Niall chuckled. I scowled and stalked towards the lift. "I hate you both."