Chapter 9: Take Me Home

Song for the chapter is Someone to Stay by Vancouver Sleep Clinic

<<<

It was the day we were leaving New York and heading back home. It felt like a lifetime ago we left California and I was glad to be going back. Despite the fact I'd be going straight into hospital as soon as we arrived. At least I'd only be half a step away from home. With hopefully only peace, love and laughter ahead of us. It was 10am and Tayte and I were led on the bed staring up at the ceiling, our hands were in each other's and we had smiles on our faces.

"I love you," he said, "I really love you," I laughed,

    "I love you too," there was banging on the door and then it opened.

Noah.

Of course it would be Noah.

Who else would just knock and barge in?

"You love barging into our rooms don't you," I said,

   "Yes I do," he grinned and then said, "It stinks of sex in here. Impressive how you can do that even though Keane is basically all broken,"

    "You do know I can still beat you right?"

"I think I'm safe for a few more weeks," he teased.

   "What do you want Noah?" I smiled,

"We are going for brunch in half an hour if you want to join us. Mum said it was up to you,"

"What time is our flight?" Tayte asked,

   "5pm on the dot,"

"We'll be down in half an hour, don't leave without us okay," he grinned.

"We won't," he headed to the door, "And have a shower," he closed the door laughing.

Superman's only weakness, my only weakness, it wasn't Kryptonite, as Tayte said; it was family.

It will always be family.

Tayte rolled over and passionately ravished my mouth before getting up. I sat up. Watching him. He really took my breath away.

"Come on my prince," he said smiling at me, it lit up his whole face. He cocked his head to the side. Like a puppy would do. His eyes were bright. Glowing. "What?"

   "Just admiring the greatest thing ever to enter my life,"

"Thing," I laughed, "your something special too,"

<<<

Everyone was waiting in reception,
  "I hope Noah didn't force you to come," Dad said, I smiled as Noah shook his head,

"No he didn't Dad. We wanted to come, last breakfast in New York all together,"

"I'm glad you decided to come," he said. We got into 2 hired cars and drive off into the busy New York roads.

"Where are we going?" Tayte asked,

   "A place someone at the hotel recommended," Arlo answered.

"Are you really not coming home with us," Noah asked Arlo.

"Not for 2 weeks max, but I will be and it's going to be nice having a home and a family,"

"The best days are ahead of us," I said,

  "Check out Mr. positive," Noah laughed,

"Thought I'd give it a go, can't do me any harm," I winked.