Born and Betrayed Part 4 (Lilia's POV)

Lilia's POV

I was sitting in my 'room'. The only similarity between the observation room and this one was that the furniture was also firmly fixed to the wall. The rest of the room was different in every way. It had murky concrete walls and a cold stone floor. The only furniture in there was a cheap metal framed bed with a thin, old matress lying on top and a toilet on the opposite side of the tiny room. There was a no pillow, just one bed sheet lining the matress. Normally if it is a cold night; I would use the sheet to keep myself as warm as I could which is normally every night since the stone floor and concrete walls didn't exactly radiate warmth throughout the room. But occasionally, I would sacrifice temperature for comfort and fold my sheet so that it resembled so kind of pillow. 

I had been sitting in the middle of the room for maybe a few hours (I'm not 100% sure but it certainly felt like it). When two orderlies came in and told me I was to be escorted to a testing room. Dreading what would soon be my fate, I obeyed and allowed them to escort me to the room. I'd learnt long ago that it was easier and more pleasant for me to walk to the room than being knocked out and waking up in the room. The tests would happen either way. Some of the subjects here however do not share the same views. 

We arrived at the room and I was escorted inside and strapped to the cold, metal table that was placed in the middle of the room. The orderlies hurried quickly out and I was left alone. A scientist came in seconds after the orderlies had left. I recognised him. He always pushed things too far. I don't know why he disliked me but he did; He wasn't exactly my ray of sunshine either. He didn't say anything to me; he didn't need to. I was strapped to a table and couldn't move so what could he say to me anyway. He went about his business attaching me to machines via different wires and sensors  while scribbling at the form on his clipboard. He finished attaching me to the machines which were now bleeping and making all different patterns on their screens and waved at the mirrored wall. The wall which looked like a mirror but it was really one way glass with a team of workers watching every move that was going on inside this room. Shortly after, a young but tall man with dark hair came through the same door that the doctor had come through carrying three IV drips in one hand. He gave them to the doctor who asked him to hang them on the stand while he inserted a small needle into my arm. The first IV was attached to my arm and started to enter my system. The doctor made a few more notes on his clipboard and they both exited the room. I was alone in the room, with only the bleeping machines to break the silence and even though I couldn't see through the one way glass, I still felt as though I was being watched (which I was). It was a horrible feeling and I knew that if the number of IV's was anything to go by: I'd be here a while. 

Staff who I didn't recognise came and went after changing my IV's and I was finally on my last bag. I was bored. I was tired and I was starting to feel....a little....weird. I started to see different coloured shaped floating above me on the ceiling. I knew they weren't really there. The drugs were making me see it but in some way the colours were comforting. They were a nice change to the dull colours I had gotten used to at the facility over the years. I knew this was a dangerous thought but I couldn't help it, I needed some comfort sometimes. When the hallucinations started the lines on the machine to my left was going crazy. It was measuring my brain activity. Someone must've noticed since shortly after I was unstrapped from the table and taken to another room not far from this and changed into a pair of thin linen pyjamas. Oh no. I knew what was coming. Temperature tests. I hated them. They had to be one of the worst things they could do to me. I had been put through so much over the years and I had hardened to quite a lot of terrible things but this was something I couldn't get used to. It was extremely hard to bear but I had to stay strong. I was taken into the room. The celling was covered in small fans and filters where the air would come through. I was ordered to lie on the floor and stay still for the test to commence. 

The fans started to move and the noise was incredibly loud. The filters started to hiss and so far I felt fine apart from the hallucinations and the somewhat annoying noise of the fans. After a few minutes, the room started to go colder; and that was when I started to feel different. A wash of cold ran through me. It was weird as the temperature didn’t seem to drop that much. My ‘bedroom’ was normally colder so I knew it was the drugs messing with my senses. I started to shiver and I was wishing that this was going to be a short test. But of course this was my life and in my experience, there was no such thing as a short test. I started to tremble and I could feel myself starting to freeze when suddenly the fans started to get louder and spin faster. I was getting colder and within seconds I felt as though I would finally be put out of my misery and just die already. My body started going numb because of the cold air. I was practically freezing to death and was happy about it. It may seem unusual for someone to want to die like this but I had enough Kristie was all that kept me going but even she wasn’t as important as my desire to die. She kept me going and gave me a reason to live but I needed this; I was done. I could no longer feel my fingers or my toes and the feeling was slowly spreading through my body. Down my arms and my legs. It was short lived. The room started to get warmer. It started to get even warmer until it was virtually unbearable… My skin started to feel like it was sizzling and burning off. It got worse and I was in so much pain I hadn’t felt this close to death in a very long time. It started to get harder to breathe and I was gasping for air. And that was the last thing I remembered…

 -----------------------------------------

I know we're only on part 4 but can I just say that part 6 was my favourite part to write so thanks for reading and part 5 tomorrow then I will upload every tuesday and thursday until this is done then my new story will be regularly updated I promise :D x