Born and Betrayed Part 3

Okay, so cut me some slack i've been writing this is college in my notebook and I couldn't wait to get home and type it so I stupidly decided to type it out onto wattpad with my phone. Since it's a touchscreen it will take me AGES but oh well... I'd really appreciate some comments or something to let me know how you think the story is going so far.... Sorry if there are any mistakes as I said this is on my phone. I guess at the end of this i'll be a pro phone typist though right? :)  

---------------------------------------------------------

I'd been in observation for hours. Locked in a white room; white walls, white sheets, white bedsheets and me- in a white nightgown. I don't think there's ever been a time where white has been such a depressin colour. Observation rooms are used when has been part of an experiment that ha affected a person emotionally, psychologically and physically. Basically any Whole Strain experiment ever. This happened to be what was happening to me throughout the night.

Time doesn't matter in a place like this, we could sleep at midday and undergo experiments all night; it's irrelevant, normal people have routines. We don't. The scientists pick and choose if we need to sleep for a certain amount of time before an experiment. They're the ones with the routine, they have shifts then they go home and get on with their lives.

For us? We don't have that luxuary and to be honest, we don't even need it...it's not like we're going to get up and say "Hey, we've all had enough of this shit, we're all going to go home to our family and friends to get on witg our lives." But we can't. And why would we? This IS our life, we don't know any other way of living and we don't have anything or anyone in the outside world and after a few weeks of being here you learn to accept that; and if you don't? You don't last much longer than those few weeks.

Observation is boring. Observation is stressful. You're in a room that looks like a bleach bomb went off and theres nothing but the matching white furniture, the lights are so flourescent that you can't even see your own shadow. When I say furniture, I mean a bed on one side of the room, and a toilet in the corner of the other. Anything we could use as an 'improvised' weapon is nailed either to the floor or the walls. If the experiment didn't put you over the edge of your cliff, observation will.

I've been in here many times over the years but I never get used to this. It may seem like a lonely room, but in actual fact you're being watched and monitored-constantly. In observation, you have no privacy. If you fall asleep-it's logged. If you go to the toilet-it's logged. And here's the gross part: if you go to the toilet-'it' is weighed, tested and who knows what else.

If I don't get out of here soon, i'm either going to die of boredom or have a sedative shot trying to escape. To my luck, there was a sudden loud hiss of the door, disengaging the airlock. A tall, skinny woman with long silver hair and glasses balancing on her nose hurried through the door, clutching a clipboard in her hand. She walked over to where I was sitting on thr edge of the bed. I slowly stood up since if I made any sudden movements i'd have so many tasers pointed in my direction before I could even blink.

Once I stood up the woman, whos name I didn't know blinked before saying in her sly, cautious voice; " Thank you for your patience, subject 214." I hate it when they call me that. She blinked again and resumed. " Your vital readings have returned to normal results and we are satisfied that it is safe for you to continue to the hall for your social session. You will be escourted for blood testing immediately after." She whisked out of the room, leaving the door open behind her. I was still standing in the same spot. The words the woman had said may as well been a recording, they were always the same when you left an observation room.

(*)

I was escourted to the hall. The door is always open but if you try to leave, expect to get shot in the ass with a sedative. 

I was barely in the room for more than ten seconds when I noticed a little girl bouncing in her seat and waving at me. There were two men shouting over to come and sit with them.

The two men weren't strangers, they were my best friends; Ciaran and Karl. The little girl was Kristie. She's only five and a half and hasn't been in the facility very long, only a few months. I guess that's why I have such a strong bond with her. She is the same age that I was when I arrived at the facility. She's the reason I keep going. She's the reason I've lasted this long...She keeps me sane.

I walked over to them and sat down on the empty cheap plastic chair. I barely had time to take a breath before Karl said " Bloody hell Lily. Where have you been?! Me and Ciaran were about to get up and check the wall." Kristie gasped at his words and suddenly seemed unsettled in her seat. "My name will never be on the wall." I turned to Kristie and cooed: "Not if I can help it. I promise." She seemed unsure but accepted what I had said.

The wall is a list of names, subject numbers and a time their ashes are going to be scattered. We have to enquire if we would like to see the scattering if we knew them and we would then be escourted to the far side of the facility if we didn't have any tests or experiments to take part in. Just because a friend has died or more accurately; been killed, it doesn't mean they are going to go out of their way for us to say our goodbyes. Being put on the wall is the only time the scientists use your real name, they don't do it out of respect; they do it to stop anyone rebelling, again.

I've never had to attend a scattering. I met Ciaran and Karl on my first socializing session and I don't think I could ever be more grateful for meeting people. I arrived after they got to the facility. Ciaran was three when he was admitted, he's twenty two now. Karl was four. He's the same age as I am now, nineteen. Ciaran, Karl and Kristie are my family, they're the only one i've ever had. And, chances are the only family I ever will have.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you go, I finally uploaded, on my phone! It took me long enough to write the story down and then typing it took even longer! I was typing it all through my classes and, I was right...I'm now a pro phone typist! ;) 

Seroiusly though...How'd you like the chapter? The action is very near. I'm not going to give anything away but lets just say you should be looking forward to the next few. I promise I won't put this story on hold anymore. I promise I won't stop until it's finished...I should have another chapter up tomorrow since I don't have any classes until 11AM (UK time) I'm really enjoying writing this and it's only been on hold because i've been researching a few 'details' for the good part of the story...No more boring details. 

I'd be soooo grateful if you could vote or comment... I'll upload faster if you do...I've had a few PM's of who people thought Kristie was...some of you weren't far off the right answer. But no more suspense on that...I'm bringing out the big guns now!

Hope you enjoy this story byee :D x