Lie #1: Nice to Meet You

Hello peeps. First, let me just say that this story is my release. Err... That sounds so wrong. Oh well! Whatever floats your boat. I've been wanting to write lately but I was too scared because I seem to be a perfectionist pessimistic prick when it comes to anything I do. Let me first thank my friend Daxie for giving me an idea for the second half. It really was a great help. Lots of kisses.

For a fair warning, this story won't be moving or dramatic… I guess. I can assure you though that this is an easy read so without further ado. Enjoy!

-_NF_-

It was an early Friday morning, my teal headphones blasted with pop music to entertain myself. I pulled out my notebook as I slumped deeper into the sofa. It was just another regular day when our teacher suddenly rescheduled the delayed field trip to be today. I almost never wanted to take a bath. These were the classes where you just wake up so early in the morning to attend one class. Having that, made me think twice about showering. It was a good thing I decided to remind myself that I was really looking forward to our field trip.

Our first stop Is Nitro FM, whose audience lies primarily on teens and young adults. I heard that it is quite popular here but I haven’t judged that yet. I am not really a fan on audio media. I am more on the print. Hence, the journalism major.

We waited for quite a while. Though it was not as obvious as my classmates who chattering away, including my friend Diane, I was diverting my excitement in jotting down questions for the take home midterms paper next week. I felt a strong shake on my right shoulder.  I looked up at my friend Diane and pulled my headphones down when I saw her not looking at me but at the other side of the room.

A tall guy enters the room and shuts the door behind him, “Hello guys. I’m sorry to keep you waiting.” He removes his dark-gray framed glasses then wipes it with a small cloth in his pocket and wears it back on. “I am Rebel Mash and I am your Dj for this morning,” he smiles.

My eyes followed him as he head to his chair. His body was lean but he knows to make an entrace. He has this confidence evident in the way he stand and walk. I noticed there were slight circles under his almond shaped eyes. But his eyes, it was so brown. It made me wonder if he wasn't a pure Filipino. Lastly, his smile made me fell these butterflies in my stomach. The dimple on the corner of his lip was not helping because I can’t believe how floored I was.  He is absolutely gorgeous! I never would have guessed that a good-looking person is working behind those microphones.  

Also it turns out, I wasn’t the only one who thought about it too. The girls were smiling brightly than usual. Their actions made me smile in amusement because that didn’t matter.

In my eyes, I only saw him.

My heartbeat was loud; It wasn't racing but it pounded so hard on my chest. My palms became sweaty and maybe a little shaky. What's going on? I have never felt this way before. It felt like my heart could barely contain these feelings I am still sorting out. I tried to think of what is the reason why I am acting this way.

Actually, I lied. I knew the answer the moment he walked in the room. I was too afraid to admit it. I was unsure and that maybe I am just jumping into conclusions. Maybe because it is the first time that I fell at first sight. Maybe-

"Em.."

Maybe...

"Em.."