Lie #6: This is Purely Platonic

ITS ALIVEEE! Its been how many weeks since I updated? Two? Three? I don't even have to know but anyways I dedicate this chapter to you Dhenling. 

 *~NF~*

     “I still can’t believe you punched that guy on his face,” Jared was still laughing. The memory was still fresh in our minds from our date in the club earlier.

      “Its not like I didn’t tell him to back off,” I answered in my defense. “Besides, you saw how he ignored what I said.”

     Jared scratches his nape. It seems to be a habit of his when he doesn’t know what to say next. “Yea he didn’t,” his eyes were locked on his shoes on our walk to my building. There was no parking space near my apartment. Instead he parked his car in front of a shop near the building and walks me home.

     Jared is walking in a slow pace which confuses me because he has longer legs. I think he wanted to spend time with me longer? I am not sure though. “You should have at least let me handle it,” Jared suggested with a hint of dismay. What is it with men and their egos?

     Earlier in the club, I told Jared that I was thirsty so he excused himself to buy me a drink then this sleazy late-twenties guy popped out of nowhere and started grinding behind me. The first thing I did was to tell him that I was with someone but he didn’t listen and continued rubbing himself against me like a horny dog. Jared rushed towards my side and told him to back off.

     I can feel the tension starting to build up; Jared was furious at Sleaze (Let’s just call him that) and Sleaze looked like a shot away from being alcohol poisoned. The place was dim and it wasn’t helping either: there were strobes of green lights and multicolored ones blinking and so many noisy people. It was bound to aggravate your inhibitions.

     The people surrounding us started to leave a space, encircling around us as if they were expecting a brawl. I punched Sleaze right on his eye to prevent that from happening. My nimble fist started to sting but it was worth it seeing Sleaze have a black eye and a drip of blood from his brow. I hit him real good.

     I rolled my eyes, “Oh please. It’s not the first time I punched a guy.”

     Jared walked closer, brushing his arm against mine. “Really?” His tone seems to be picking up an interest. “Who was this guy? Your ex.”

     I winced in mock disappointment, “Close. He was my friend’s asshole ex.”

     “Should I feel threatened?” Jared placed his fist on his lips, suppressing a smile. Jared Hermosa stands at least 6 flat and muscles that are tracing through his grey dress shirt: making him look overqualified as an accountant. Compared to him, I am a kitten.

     I took a good look at him. “Nope. Not at all.”

     Jared laughs weakly, “Emerald you really are something.”

      “That’s what they all say,’ I joked. My eyes were locked on my fingers pulling the loose long sleeves of my cold shoulder dark purple dress to cover my wrists. I noticed that my dress was riding up, making me even more self-conscious and began discreetly pulling the hem down.

      “Is this your building?” I swiftly looked at him then at the entrance of my building: you’ll only walk out 5 flights of stairs until you see the glass doors with washed out green frames.

     I breathed, “Yes it is. Thank you for tonight.” I gave him a polite smile before I started to walk towards the entrance.

     I was stopped to take another step further by his grip on my wrist “Wait.” I looked over my shoulder at him.