Chapter Six: A Promise

I was sitting in my office, trying to decide which teachers I would appoint to assist me in protecting the Philosophers Stone, which demanded the best, and most extensive protection possible, when Minerva burst through the door looking frantic, and horrified.

"Albus, please help me, Lilly ran away! She was scared her kidnapper would find her again, and she took off!" Minerva shouted with tears rolling down her panicked face. I immediately jumped up, grabbing my wand, and hurriedly, told her to meet me at the Ministry, in the Underage Magic Department. With a nod she turned on her heel and ran out the door. Without further ado I turned on the spot and apparated away.

The second I landed in the Ministry, I bolted to the elevator, and shot down to the Underage Magic office, hoping and praying with all my might that the child had tried to use magic in some way so we could track her. My prayers were answered, when I walked into the office to see a young girl hunched on the floor throwing up her most recent meal. I hurried over to her, squatted down, and in my calmest voice, asked her for her name.

"M-my name is, Lilly S-sir." she whispered in a trembling voice once her stomach settled. I was bathed in absolute relief, knowing that she was here and safe, with no chance of anyone finding her. "Hello Lilly, My name is Professor Dumbledore, don't worry you're safe now, Minerva came to me about what's happening to you, and I want you to know that you don't have to run to save your brother, or Minerva. There are many things I can and will do to ensure all three of yours safety, I promise." I said trying to calm her.

She stared at me with a shocked, yet doubtful look, and slowly nodded her head, before speaking in a timid voice, "Thank you sir, but how can you protect us if you don't know whos after us?"

"Well Lilly, the wizarding world is a pretty amazing place, you can do many things with magic including protect people, but don't you worry about that. For now though, its time to go and get your supplies for school next week, with Minnie" I said with a smile, when her face suddenly lit up with excitement.

Just then, Minnie came running in, out of breath, and still freaking out. "Its okay MInnie, shes here, Lilly's safe, don't worry, look." I said trying to calm her down. She froze in shock for a second, then she burst into tears with a huge smile on her face , and ran up to Lilly engulfing her in a huge hug.

"Oh Lilly!! Don't you ever do that again! You scared the crackers out of me!" MInnie cried. "Crackers?" Lilly giggled. "Yes, its a phrase, duh!" Minnie said with a grin. "Haha since when is that a phrase Minnie?" Lilly countered. "Um, since five minutes ago when I made it one!" MInnie said, with her arms crossed and a mock frown.

"Okay, okay, ladies we should probably move out of the middle of the floor, and get you guys to Diagon Alley" I interrupted with a chuckle. Blushing McGonagall nods and takes Lilly's hand, then grabs my arm. I carefully apparated us to Diagon Alley, and once we arrived I told them I'd meet up with them at Hogwarts next week, and apparated back to my office with a bright smile, glad that the girl was alright.