Chapter 7

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Assalamualeykum/heyy everyone,

I would like to thank @DrSaadatu for noticing a mistake I made in my glossary from chapter 4. An abaya is a full-length long, full sleeve outer garment. IT IS NOT SLEEVELESS. Here's some pics:

https://www.google.ca/search?newwindow=1&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1138&bih=561&q=simple+black+abaya&oq=simple+black+abaya&gs_l=img.3...1155.14313.0.14475.28.20.0.0.0.1.776.776.6-1.1.0....0...1ac.1.53.img..28.0.0.N-ETz7h4t0w

_____________________________________________

The raindrops pelted against my window and the wind howled waking me up from my peaceful sleep. It was Monday today which meant I had to get up and get ready for school. I wasn't prayable today so instead of praying fajr, I took the time to make duas and read some Qur'an. After I was done, I wore my black abaya with a purple hijab and wore a sweater as the weather was getting chillier since winter was approaching fast. I grabbed an umbrella from the closet and headed out.

As I walked, I couldn't help but remember what happened yesterday. It was so awkward when I found out that Jennifer was Abraham's younger sister. It was quite clear too that he was equally as shocked as I was. I saw Maryam speed walking up ahead so I ran a bit in order to catch up to her.

"Assalamualeykum Maryam! Lovely weather huh?"

"Wa alaikussalam Aisha and no its not lovely its pouring cats and dogs." She replied. I laughed at her response. We decided to run so we wouldn't be as wet and to prevent the chances from catching a cold. When we arrived, we went to Maryam's locker then mine's.

"Aisha your locker so plain." Maryam commented . Of course she'd think so. Maryam's locker was covered with posters from twilight, mirrors, and cool things like a basket in which you can place extra pens and pencils in.

"Yeah thats the way it was given to me. Besides its not like I'm going to live in it unlike someone I know...." I replied. Maryam stuck her tongue at me. The bell rang and we parted ways.

Math class was the same old. Ms. Hawkin would ask us what questions from the homework we had a hard time with and she would take it up in class. Then she would move on to the lesson. I noticed Abraham wasn't in class today. Could it possibly have anything to do with what happened yesterday with his sister? Who knows.

There were still a couple of minutes left till class ended so I decided to use my time wisely and start my homework. The background talking and laughing was not helping. Some girls were laughing and talking about how their weekend went while the guys were talking about what guys talk best about...girls. That's when I heard someone say my name.

"Who's Aisha?" I heard a voice behind me ask. I didn't dare look back as it was one of the boys from Abraham's pack. I think it was a boy named John.

"What do you think about her?" Asked Daniel.

"Oh her? Umm well I certainly would never date a girl who walks around with a towel on her head. Besides, she's not even hot. I like girls who have a hot body. She's just fat and ugly- though she does have nice boobs."
And then they all started laughing.

I could feel the blood rushing to my face and my ears getting hot. Oh. My. God. They just talked about my body. How could they be so open and rude?! I pretended to be completely ignorant about what they had just said and kept my head low doing my homework. The bell finally rang and I waited for everyone to leave. I went to the washroom to wash my face. As much as I tried to push those words out of my head, it just wouldn't disappear.