Last Chapter

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This book has sadly comes to an end :( Thank u all for reading it means a lot to me :) There is still an epilogue to come.

***
Exam week was just around the corner and I, Aisha Qazi was freaking out of course. My desk in my room was covered in handouts and textbooks so much so that I had forgotten how the surface of my desk looked like. Last night after praying my Isha prayer, I had pulled an all-nighter just studying science. Gah. There was simply way too much to absorb in such little time. If only I had a USB like device that I can just plug into my head and absorb the entire textbook into my head. And to think they've gone far in technology. Hurry up and invent this already all you super genius inventors! Okay, Okay I'll admit. I'm losing my head but it's not entirely my fault. I had written the main points and jot notes on my study sheet from every chapter. That way it's easier for me to memories and understand what I'm learning.

I was sitting on the floor in front of science class today as I had arrived early and was rushing to finish my exam prep booklet that Ms. Foster had given us in order to help us for the exam. I have to be honest, it sure is helpful and I think it's the teacher's way of saying 'HINT, HINT THIS WILL BE ON THE EXAM SO YOU BETTER REVIEW THIS OR ELSE..." From afar I noticed Maryam heading my way, but she was so into her study notes that she didn't notice me. I stretched out one of my legs and succeeded in tripping her.

"Hey! What was that for!?" Maryam screeched at me.

I just gave her a smirk.

"Ugh you're so annoying Aisha." She said rolling her eyes at me.

I just stuck my tongue at her. She took a seat beside me and resumed in reading over her notes. I looked around and saw the same scenery. All the students were either sitting somewhere studying or walking around with their heads stuck in a textbook. Just then the bell rang and Maryam and I splitted. When I entered class, Ms. Foster had her answered version of the exam prep all ready to go. The entire class consisted of us answering the questions and making sure everyone knew how to get the answer.

Next class was gym but I really wasn't up for it. I had barely slept and jumping and running around would only add to my exhaustion. I texted Laila, Hillary and Maryam that I was going to skip gym class and I headed to the back field. Usually my preferred study area is the library but since the school was very humid and hot, I decided it's best to sit outside and learn since there is cool breezes outside. I found a bench near the back and made myself comfortable. After a couple of minutes Laila took a seat next to me with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Oooh we're skipping class." She commented.

"Yeah but for legitimate reason. Besides what are we going to miss anyway?" I asked questioningly.

"I know that's why I decided to skip as well." Laila noted.

I opened up my Spanish workbook and started looking over the contents. I noticed Laila was lost in thought and staring into the distance. I looked up curiously to see what she was staring at. There were a few birds chirping and pecking at the ground, squirrels running and playing and some other students who were studying and chilling outside as well. After a couple of moments Laila broke the silence still looking ahead.

"Nature is so beautiful subhanallah. When summer comes it's all green and alive and the minute winter arrives it all turns dead and cold. The same tree that was leafless is now blossoming with luscious green leaves. We see this every year yet we see it only as a tree's life. However that's our lives as well. Right now we are blossomed and alive but tomorrow we will die and simply turn into bones until we will be brought up alive again to meet our Lord."