7. The Distance Between Two Hearts (In kilometers)

[Hey. Hey you. Vote&Comment if you enjoyed this, please.]

                             Chapter Seven Divided By One

                “The Distance Between Two Hearts (In kilometers)”

 Bigg

“Did you see this coming, because I swear I saw this coming! Like, it was bound to happen. Like, there was no way she actually liked Mario. Like, she was evil from the start and it radiated off of her.”

Jeremy was currently pacing his bedroom. We had seen Tina with some guy. And, because he’s Jeremy, he automatically assumed she’s cheating. 

I sat at the edge of his bed while he stomped around like an escaped giant ape, climbing on noteworthy buildings with damsels in his hands. “You know, she’s innocent until proven guilty,” I said.

Jeremy eyed me. They were big and round and filled with confusion. It was as if I had told him I was pregnant with his unborn child, and not to make illogical cognitive leaps.

“This isn't Law and Order, Peanut Butter,” was his amazing response; hands on his hips as he stopped in front of me. The vein that appeared whenever he was thinking too much popped out and streaked across the side of his head, from his temple to the side of his hair. “If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and acts like a duck, then it’s an unfaithful, deceitful whore!”

“Okay,” I chuckled. His face was turning bright red with anger; he was practically emitting the stuff. Just stench-y anger that filled the room with contempt and whatever cologne that was only half-covering up the fact that probably hadn’t showered.  Like an angry skunk. “I know Mario would appreciate the whole let’s-burn-her-at-the-stake mentality from one of his best friends, but we don’t know for sure she was cheating on him.”

 “She kissed him!” he yelled, flailing his arms and nearly tripping over his sneakers that he kicked off when he got back to his room.

“On the cheek,” I countered, calmer.

He rolled his eyes and kicked the shoes to the other side of the room, next to the window. “That still counts!” he shouted. “It’s like Diet-Cheating, or Cheating with, like, 60% less infidelity or whatever!”

“Okay, that didn’t even make sense.”

Jeremy growled incredibly lowly. And despite what my brain was telling my body to not do, it did it anyway.

So, as he grunted and grumbled in his deep voice and paced around looking all flushed and stuff, the blood flow in my body had decided to take a detour to the south of my boarder and granted me a little stiff fella in my pants.

I, always being the one to think a little quicker, threw a book over my crotch that was lying on Jeremy’s twin bed and rested it in my lap.

“Do you realize how hard this is?” he asked, turning back to me.

“I...may have a clue,” I answered.

Jeremy sighed and fell next to me on the bed, throwing a random arm over my shoulder, and leaning his head on to my shoulder blade. “You know,” he said, as my knuckled all but paled from the lack of blood flow, “My birthday is next week Friday.”

“Uuuh.” This was getting incredibly painful and particularly uncomfortable. “Wonderful.”

He waited a while. “Is that best friend speak for ‘I’m planning something incredible and I can’t tell you or…’”