Chapter Six

Unedited 

Ilima didn't want to let go of your hand. He never wanted to let go because he was scared to. Even after all afternoon he spent with you in town before you both got here, which wasn't described in text, he was still scared of letting you go and losing you out of his life forever. You're like a gender neutral angel. Ilima watched how caring you were towards that lovely little bug Pokémon on your shoulder and was scared you wouldn't want to spend time with him like he wanted to spend time with you. Why did he have such strong emotions towards you so quickly? Was it because of fate, or something much more? He didn't have a clue, he just knew he wanted to be by your side through this tough time you're going through. Wow, that was a doosey of a sentence.

"Almost there, (Nickname)."

The crashing waves on the shore and the sun setting, causing the sky to turn a red violet hue and the sun from the West behind the two since Kala'e faces east. The Pokémon danced around in the air, spreading a fairy wind and a gust of joy. Other Pokémon splashes in the water or ran every time a wave rolled onto the shore, making it a game of tag. Ilima felt your wrist slip away from his. Ilima turned around and watched you take Caterpie off your shoulder and set the tiny bug on the ground. You sat on your knees in front of the bug and asked it a very crucial question people need to ask more.

"All right, friend. I need to know if we're going to be friends what your pronouns are. If you use he/him go to my left hand, if you use she/her go to my right hand, and if you use they/the, stay exactly where you are."

Ilima stood behind you, watching as the tiny caterpillar Pokémon crawled over to your left hand. So Caterpie uses he/him pronounds, just like him? Ilima can tell by looking at Caterpie the biological sex was female. There's a difference. Ilima felt his heart swell with a pack bond that this Caterpie was FtM just like him. He watched you smile and stroke Caterpie's Head. You nodded and respected the pronouns of the little bug.

"Perfecto, little man! No why don't you go play with all your friends over there. I'm sure they'd love to have fun with you!"

Caterpie nodded and cheered, going over with all the other Caterpie. You stood up and watched Caterpie go, sand falling off your knees and shins. You dusted off the pants you were wearing and turned around to face Ilima, who was just smiling at you. Ilima was enchanted by you. He's never met anyone like you. He was so excited to be able to on learn everything he can about you. He was eager to spend a long time with you. Ilima has never met anyone in his life quite like you. Ilima came to accept the fact that this was love at first interaction.

"So, (Nickname), what do you think of Kala'e bay?"

Ilima really wanted to know if he did well bringing you here. Is this the kind of place you like to visit. You looked in his eyes before looking around, admiring the view. The sky was transitioning into a purplish blue rather than the purplish red it used to be with the sunset. Pokemon were chirping with excitement and fun. The sand was soft like silk and the stars were starting to twinkle. The cast of the darker, older colors was gorgeous against your face. It made your smile glow bright like a moonbeam. Your smile was the most beautiful thing here at Kala'e right now. Especially when it was directed at him.

"It's very calm. I can tell this place is special to you, isn't it Ilima? There has to be a reason you brought me here."

You were right on the money. This place was Ilima's Special secret haven. He wanted to share this place with someone special like you. He wants to get to know you. He wants to be close to you. Ilima just sat down right there in the sand and patted the spot next to him, facing where the moon was rising just as the sun would. Ilima never managed to see Kala'e at night. It was absolutely gorgeous, just like the dawn. After a long day with you, he can finally relax with you and take the time to know the entirety of who you were as a person. You sat down next to him, making Ilima extremely happy. He should probably start talking joe before he ruins things and makes it awkward.

"I want to talk to you. I want to know who you are as an entire being and not just what you introduced to me as. We're alone so you don't have to hide anything from me anymore. I want you to trust me and rely on me like we're family. I was hoping that everything we did today would show you that."

Ilima watched you nod your head, hopefully understanding the complicated emotion he had been experiencing all day. Suddenly Ilima felt your head rest against his shoulder, causing his face to rival his hair with the natural honeyglow blush. Ilima felt your hand place itself omtop of his. Ilima gripped into the sand, as if entwining fingers with you. Why did he want that so badly? So soon? Just to act romantic subtly with you. It's odd. Ilima took a shaken deep breath in only to exhale about half the air out. For some reason he simply can't relax. He needed you to break the silence that enveloped the two of you and soothe him with your calm voice.

"Family, huh? You're going to have to teach me all about that. I don't have a single clue where to start."

It's heart shattering how you managed to say that so casually. It's almost as if your broken family life was no big deal to you. Ilima looked over at your face, diagonal with the angel you were resting on him. The half moon reflected in one eye, but not the other. You looked back up att uim, not bothering to move your head. You just stared at him the same way he stared at you. Ilima needed a moment to figure out what he should say next in a time like this. What would anyone say in a time like this? Ilima felt a tug at his heart when a forbidden idea raced through his mind. No, it's too early. You changed the subject before Ilima even had the chance to propose the idea.

"I think yellow is your color, Ilima. It looks nice on you."

Ilima chuckled and gave you a word of thanks in response, gazing back out at the crashing waves, seeming darker with the colors and dim lighting all around them. What was he doing? What was he even thinking?

Of course he can't kiss you.

1181 Words