Chapter Four

Unedited

Ilima never wanted to make you cry. You seemed fine, you looked fine, you acted fine, but just a moment ago you weren't fine. Ilima was debating, however he should comply to your wishes. Maybe he could take you somewhere where he can talk to you alone and make you feel comfortable. Again, nobody deserves to be deserted. Everybody deserves a friend and everyone deserves happiness, especially a sunny non-binary pal like yourself. You were smiling wide and already shuffling to pull some new clothes out of your bag. Did you want him to leave so you could change? Possibly.

"So you want to have a redo? Of course! The new we can go to someplace I feel you would enjoy. We can stay there and just talk for a while."

The thought never crossed his mind before, taking someone there, but maybe it would be for the better. He felt a strong connection to you. Maybe you could relate to him with your struggles and he could guide you through it. He's already been through transitioning and coming out to people, maybe he could be of some assistance to you? Kala'e Bay was a special place he always went to clear his mind and start his day right. Maybe if he takes you along, you can also get yourself in a happier place. All he wants right now is for you to be comfortable, happy, and safe. That's all that matters.

"Sounds awesome! Just let me make myself look better. I don't like what I'm coming off as right now and your parents deserve a better image of me. Can you step out?"

Oh, right, of course. You had to change. Ilima scurried out withiut a single word and went back to his room. Like always, the yellow cardigan hung on the back of his door, showcased by a tiny hook he had plastered to the wood. Ilima thought about it. If he was going to take you to the Seaward Cavern, then he better do it right. Ilima stripped himself of his clothing to get down to his chest binder. He slipped the Cardigan over his shoulders and looked st himself in the mirror. That right there was a beautiful gentleman who people respected. That right there is then cinfidence and happiness that everyone's deserves to have in themselves. Ilima brushed through his hair a few time, getting it just right, before walking out. He knocked on your door to make sure you were ready. When you opened the door, you could say he was colored surprised.

"I stole a polo and some cargo shorts before I left, just in case. What do you-"

You froze and stopped like a video game once a scratch is discovered on the disc. Well, one would suppose that only was the case with Wii and Gamecube games. Or computer games. However it's not important because the simile still stands. You had that happy surprised and confused expression as if you didn't know what to say nor what you feel. His yellow cardigan was crochet, so you could clearly see the binder around his chest. It was something he had to wear forever due to his failed chest surgery a few years ago.

"Wait... are you... Trans? Female to Male?"

Yep. That's what the title says. FtM!Ilima. Ilima nodded, trying to change the subject from his own gender identity to the non-binary pal who deserved the attention more, you! Ilima reached out for your hand, not sure if you'd let him hold it again after the reaction you had earlier. You didn't seem to mind. Ilima beamed at you comfortingly as you just stared at his face, analyzing him in a way. Ilima took a step backwards, seeing if you're ready to head downstairs. Seeing as you're following him, he took that as a sign to turn around and go back downstairs so you could get the proper introductions you deserve.

Ilima looked back to see the nervousness painted across your face, exoression seething Anxiety. Smeargle was riding Slowpoke like a Rapidash, chasing Yungoos. Ilima's Mother was laughing, holding up a little finish line for the little Pokémon race and his father was sitting on the couch, watching the newest episode of The Weakest Link. Ilima cleared his throat, pausing on the stairs so you could regain composure. All the business from downstairs halted and Ilima glanced over at you. He gave your hand an encouraging squeeze. He squeezed your hand a lot, didn't he? Oh well. He watched you walk down the stairs and smile at his parents. You stuck out your hand and shook them respectively, redoing your first introduction again without them catching on at first.

"Hello, my name is (name) and it is a pleasure to meet you. Thank you so much for offering your hospitality to me and I'm very thankful for both your generosity and kindness." 

His father was just confused. Ilima descended down the steps while you were introducing yourself in the Reprise so he was able to give him a shrug and walk up behind you, hugging you from behind for literally no reason. He just felt really comfortable with you for no reason. You actually seemed to be comforted by the physical affection. Ilima's Mother smiled and decided to go with the little comedy bit that was your life. 

"Well it's very lovely to meet you, dear. My name is Elise, so feel free to call me that or Mom. You seem like a lovely child, so please name yourself comfortable." 

Ilima felt so proud of his mother. He felt warm and fuzzy and happy inside. Ilima can never be sad or angry in his yellow cardigan. Ilima didn't realize he was resting his chin on your shoulder and hugging you tighter in glee.  The one thing he wasn't so sure was the fact his mother asked you to call her by her first name. He hated calling adults by their first name because he felt it wasn't respectful. However he has no say over his mother and her preferences. You were grinning ear to ear. Ilima let you go and you spun around to beam at him, completely happy with yourself. Oh? Was this his cue to tell them that you both were heading out? That must be what you're doing so he decided to go with that.

"Mom, Dad, I'm going to show (Nickname) around Hau'Oli and introduce them to some new people who will accept them. I hope you don't mind."

Both Mom and Dad shook their head, the Pokémon all completely ignoring the humans. Ilima took your hand again, taking you out the door. Melemele Meadow should be a place you'd love. You're going to love Kala'e Bay. Ilima just knew you'd love it and this would be an amazing chance to get to know you better. Ilima was so intrigued and instantly attracted to you. You just had this gravitational pull towards you and a certain charisma Ilima wanted to be friends with. The evening sun hit your face and you were smiling wide.

He forgot the flashlight again, didn't he?

1187 Words