Deal

I approached the Brooklyn bridge in record time, slightly out of breath. I Bent over my knees and took in deep breaths to steady myself. Maybe running from the refuge, to the Brooklyn bridge, wasn't the best idea.

I looked down at the dock, nobody was on it. Of course nobody was on it, I was very late for whatever purpose it was for me to come here. I knew where Spot and the Brooklyn Newsies were, so I began walking. I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, thinking. This bridge was long, so I was able to catch my breath on the way there.

I approached the Brooklyn Newsies dock that was inside of Brooklyn and saw two boys sitting down. They were still up? Crazy bastards. I went to continue walking but the two boys sitting, now jumped up. They towered over me and crossed their arms over their chests. "Where ya goin'?" They asked me.

"Spot Conlon asked to see me." I said plainly, taking the same stance.
"Oh yeah? Well he don't want to see nobody right now." The boy poked me in the chest, pushing me away from him. The other one sneered. "Get a move on, squirt."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Squirt?" I said angrily. "See here's the thing, only one persons allowed to give me nicknames. And it ain't you."
I reached my fist up and it connected with his jaw. He stumbled around and I made a quick dash onto the dock. They yelled at me to stop, awakening many other boys and the chase began.

The boys chased me down the dock, I jumped down to a lower level, the adrenaline rushing through my veins. Obviously, I couldn't run into Brooklyn. I had no idea what any of the streets looked like or what they led to. My feet thumped along the dock as I approached the pile of crates. In one leap I jumped onto the crates and quickly scaled to the top. The boys surrounded the bottom and began to climb up. I smirked and kicked one of the crates over. It rolled down and the boys had to scatter to make way of it as it hit the dock.

"That's enough!" A yell came. I looked to my  right and there is a small figure that steps out of the shadows. The boys all looked towards him.
"Off ya bed with ya!" He shouted once again. The boys all nodded and began walking into the shadows that Spot Conlon had emerged from.

I smirked and leaned over on my knee, which was propped up on a crate. "Spot Conlon. Just the boy I wanted to see." I began to climb down the crates.

"Ya know I could say the same," he replied to my comment and as I hit the deck he continued. "'Cept yous not a boy." In a flash, his cane was out of his belt and it swung for my head. Before I had time to react, he had knocked the hat off my head that was covering my hair and it fell down to it's full length. Spot smirked. "Yous the girl from the dock. And that just proved my point."

I angrily snatched my hat off the ground. "Yeah, what of it?" There it was again, that phrase that I used to give myself away.

Spot smirked. "That's what of it. You made the mistake of sayin somethin I'd recognize. Wouldn't have guessed you was a girl until you did that."
I mentally slap myself for that one. I seem to do that a lot around the infamous Spot Conlon. But I mean, who wouldn't? He's arrogant, annoying, self centered, and handsome.
Wait..

"So. What's ya name?" Spot asked, sitting down on a mysterious ledge on the dock.
"Already told ya. Names Slick."
Spot shook his head and sucked his teeth. "That's ya newsie name. I want ya real name. You neva gave it to me at tha dock, and not when we met earlier today."

I looked into his gaze, trying my best to keep my expression emotionless. "Maybe I don't want ya knowin'." I shrugged, trying to get under the boys skin. I had a plan. A plan to get the boys back in with the strike. I could tell I had succeeded because his face became hard and cold. His posture straightened.
"Why don't you want me ta know? What's it to ya?"

I smirked and stepped closer to Spot. My steps practically floating as I got closer to him. I braced myself on the railing of the dock behind him with one arm, the other in my pocket. I looked directly into his eyes and blinked slowly, the smirk never leaving my face.
"Maybe I want somethin' for it." I said in a Low hushed voice. Spot matched my voice as he got even closer to my face. We were inches apart. He reached his hand up and twirled some of my hair around his finger. "What's that?" He asked.

I placed the hand in my pocket on his chest. I could feel the muscles even through his shirt. I didn't mind being honest. My voice became more demanding as I told him what I wanted. "Brooklyn's support in the strike." My voice no longer a low tone. I used the hand on his chest to push myself in the upright position, the air leaving his chest as I pushed off. Spot adjusted his shirt and stood up.

He looked me up and down. As if examining me. His gaze along my body made me nervous but I still kept a confidence stance.
"Yous bold, Slick." He said simply.

I spit in my hand and held it out to him. "Do we gotta deal, spotty boy?" I taunted. I could tell that nickname got under his skin slightly. He glanced me up and down once more, leaving a minute or two of silence between us. He finally smiled a mischievous grin and then spit in his own hand.
"You got yourself a deal, Slick."
We clapped hands together and shook firmly.

"Y/n."
"Huh?" Spot tilted his head.
"My name. Y/n. Y/n Kelly. Nothin' more nothin' less."

Spot smiled softly and nodded. "A pretty name for a pretty face."
Thankfully it was dark outside because I could definitely feel my cheeks getting hot. I nodded softly.

Spot looked up at the sky and tapped his foot on the dock, his hands in his pockets.
"I's betta get you home. Jacky boy will have me head." Spot finally said. I shook my head. "I can walk myself." I replied simply.

"Yeah, but i's don't want you too. C'mon. Let's get goin'."
I rolled my eyes but reluctantly, I followed. I just hope every newsie in Manhattan is asleep or I am a dead man.
Well, girl.