''I thought real men don't dance''

Well, basically, I'm not toooooooo used to writitng.

I may not write any more of this, so if you could just, tell me what you think, in a comment, or something,

saying if i should do any more of this story.

this is my first Wattpad story, so pleeaasee tell me what you think... it would mean a whole freaking lot :)

thanks, loveyou all ♥

Polly:L

Chapter One

Backstage I paced up and down nervously, knowing that my name was next to be called out. I could hear the music of the person before me, thumping through the floor, and shaking the tables. 'Baby I like it' by Enrique Iglesias. Honestly, I wasn't so fond of that song. I was more into bands like The Pretty Reckless, and Paramore. I also liked what my friend Emily called 'Pretty Music' (people like Regina Spektor, and Colbie Caillat). The song finally ended. I momentarily stopped breathing. I looked over at James, who was content with playing Mario Kart. Didn't he see how badly I was freaking out? Jeez... I heard a few voices saying something I couldn't quite make sense of. After a short while, a tall girl with straight black hair, that fell down to her waist, strutted away in mega high heels, (what I would call Stripper Shoes...) Jesus! How the hell could she dance in those?

"Jayce Lloyd? You're on." Said a short woman, who had spiky red hair. I stood by the side of the stage, taking deep shaky breaths.

"CD, miss?" The woman extended her hand.

"Oh! Right, yes, here!" As I gave it to her, I nearly dropped it I was shaking so much.

"Don't worry, Pet, it's not that bad once you're on there. Trust me." She smiled at me kindly.

"Mr Lloyd?" A man barked from somewhere in the auditorium.

I skittered on stage. Looking wildly around. The stage was very wide, with a high ceiling, painted in a sparkling gold. The thousands of scarlet seats that stretched out forever in front of me where all empty save for 5. Near the front, in the middle of a row.

"Oh, pardon me! We were expecting a boy!" A man with small glasses perched on the end of his beaky nose said sheepishly.

"Oh, it's okay. I get it a lot," I laughed nervously.

"I should imagine." Snapped an old woman, whose grey hair was scrapped back into a tight bun. "Shall we start now?"

I nodded so enthusiastically I honestly thought my head going to fall off.

God, these were an unfortunate looking bunch of people weren't they? I thought to myself.

I looked to my left, at the spiky haired woman, and gave her the thumbs up. The music started and I began to move. Slow at some bits, and fast in others. I twisted and turned, and leapt and sprang all over the stage. I hit almost all the beats perfectly, and when the song ended, I wanted to do it again. After the music stopped there was just silence for a few seconds, before a very short clap.

"Thank you, Miss Lloyd. If you would hand your information form to Susanna on your way out, we will let you know in 2 weeks."

"Thank you so much for you time." I gazed once more around the luxurious theatre before I walked briskly off the stage. I felt slightly numb, but amazing, at the same time. I saw Susanna and handed her my form. As soon as James saw me, I was attacked by a giant bear hug.

"Waa-! James! Gerroff!" I shoved the 6ft 2 boy away playfully.

"Sorry Kiddo..." He laughed ruffling my hair.