Chapter Six

*Charolette's POV*

I have been laying in bed all day since I left Klaus at the parking lot of the grill. Elena calls it moping around, but I cant help but feel heartbroken about what is gonna happen. Today was the day of the ritual where Elijah, with the help of Bonnie, will kill Klaus... for good.

"Hey Charlie we gotta go meet Stefan, come on stop acting all depressed and listening to that awful music already." Elena complained.

I rolled my eyes at her and complained back at her, "why do I have to go? I thought we figured out the plan. And I dont want to be present when you guys makeout the entire time."

"Damon was taken by Klaus." Elena revealed.

"And how is that my problem sis?" I replied.

"What is your problem?!" Elena yelled.

"Sorta you at the moment, you don't care shit about me," I roll up my sleeves to reveal my scars to her, "do you know how you caused this? Do you remember me asking you about tattoos when we were ten years old? How you called me a freak, so i tried to get rid of the scars. You try to control every aspect of my life, do you wonder why I left? I wanted to take Jeremy with me but I knew I couldn't do that to him. I'm not like you Elena, I cant force my decisions on someone. Decisions have consequences Elena, you cant use the supernatural to make them go away. Everyone has baggage, and you cant run from it. Elena, you wouldn't even be able to comprehend mine." I cried.

"What do you mean?" Elena worried.

"Elena... I ran away because im not human. I have never been" I confess.

"Are you a vampire or a witch?" Elena starred at me.

"No," i say,"I'm a freak." I use her words from years of making fun of me.

" what the hell are you Charlotte?" Elena panicked.

I was about to tell her when there was a knock on the door.

"One sec!" Elena raced down the stairs to open the door.

"Hello loves. Elena I believe its time to go and get ready. Charlotte, darling, you are coming as well." Klaus orders.

*Elena's POV* shocker 

What.

The.

Hell.

Was.

That.

"Klaus where's Damon? " I ask, still thinking about the look he gave Char.

"Oh Elena . .. he will be in time out for a little bit. I believe that you are aware of him trying to prolong the ritual date? We can't have that." Klaus says as we get in the car.

Honestly I didn't care if Klaus was right there, "I didn't ask for a freak of a sister, Charlotte."

Charlotte turned her head and starred out the window for the rest of the drive. In the mirror, I could see tears running down her face, and Char occasionally using her sleeve to wipe her face. Okay maybe what I said was too harsh, but she deserved it. What could be so horrible that she had to leave Jeremy and I?

"I'm sorry Charlotte..." I said awkwardly in my seat.

"Whatever. Its fine Elena, I am used to it. "She mumbles.