Chapter Five

quick authors note: "//" refers to a flashback

*Charlotte's POV*

He saw, I don't know if he saw my scars or the tattoos. I got to my car when I felt someone tug on my arm, Klaus Mikealson. ... damn originals vampires for being super fast.

Klaus pulled up my sleeve and kept his eyes on me. My arm revealed my scars and my tattoos. The tattoos I have had since I was 10. They just randomly appeared. When I asked my parents about them, they said to always cover it up and not tell anyone. 

The scars on the other hand.

Flashback

//The tattoos made me feel like a misfit. I made the mistake of asking Elena if she had them too, but she said I was a freak. So me being my sensitive 10 year old self, I grabbed the first sharp thing i could find and tried to cut the tattoos off. I wanted to be normal like her. And I would do whatever it took to be it. When the blade made contact with my skin, I cut too deep, and as a result passed out due to loss of blood. Luckily, Jeremy found me and yelled for our parents. But after my arm was healed, the tattoo was still there, covering the scars.//

Then Klaus did something unexpected,  he didn't yell at me, he leaned down and kissed my wrists, where I had my scars.

I started to cry, Klaus pulled me in a hug and whispered,  "I'm sorry. I'm sorry about all the pain I caused you and about all the pain who are close to you, cause you," he sounded distant... I was confused....it sounded like he was being sincere. 

*Klaus's POV*

I don't know what came over me when I saw the scars on her wrists. Pain she put herself through.

Here is some history. All through out time whenever there was a doppelganger born, they would be twins.  The oldest was the Petrova doppelganger, the one destined to die. On the other hand, the youngest, was born to live. Not many people know that Tatia had a sister, Melody, I should know because she was my first kill. Its like her soul is haunting me with every doppelganger born, I usually kill them, mostly out of guilt, which was the reason I killed Katerina's entire family, not just her sister. I couldn't let the supernatural world know I was targeting the doppelganger's twin.

*Flashback*

//Its been a week after Henrys death,  I never seen mother so anxious and heart broken.  I did my chores as normal as I could while trying to forget that I had my brothers blood on my hands. It was my idea to watch the werewolves change.  Rebekah was with the other girls in the village, picking flowers and carrying wood. I could tell Rebekah was getting rather annoyed with everyone's pity and sad gazes, especially Tatias. Somehow she was getting attention from this from my brothers death.... That didnt sound right to me...  I feel like now im seeingher for how she really is... playing my brother and I against  only for amusement. I think I have been falling out of love with her for a while, and her attention seeking behavior was the last straw..

I was lost in thought when I realized I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry." I instantly reply.

"No blood no foul" the girl winked.

"I still apologize,  Miss..?" I ask.

"I am Melody Petrova, and you are Niklaus I presume, my sister goes on all  about you and. ..your brother. " she had a way of making everything sound innocent.

"You're an innocent young woman, aren't you Melody?" I ask her, and she blushes.

"Have you been courted?  Kissed? Are you a virgin?" The more I talk the darker Melody's blush gets. 

"I'm taking that for a no, you really are pure. Aren't you?" I say.

"Niklaus! " my father screams.

"I must go, I wont forget you. " I tell her.

"You won't." Melody whispers as I leave.

As I got home,  my siblings were already at the table with a cup of wine with them. I sat down amd began to eat some bread.  Everyone looked comfortable when we began to drink when our father rose from his seat, and lifted his sword up and killed us all.

His own children

Flesh and blood

Well except me.

Destined to be alone he tells me, maybe he's right.

****Couple days later in the flashback***

I don't know what to do, the sun burns and I feel.... thirsty?

I don't understand this,  what is happening to me ? Did mother do something to us?

I was too caught up in thought to realize I bumped into someone.

"Must we keep meeting like this Niklaus? " Melody flirted.

I just stared at her.

It was like I was her hunter as she was my prey.

I want her.

"A-Are you okay?" She began to look frightened.

I ignored her, and I started to get closer to her.

I can hear her heartbeat go faster with every step I took. 'What is wrong with me,' I thought.

"Do I make you nervous Mel?" I taunt.

She takes a step back but falls after tripping on a rock and a cut is seen on her arm. I stared at the wound and approach her on the floor. My vision begins to get blurry as I lick the blood.  Melody started screaming but didn't struggle, and the screaming started to get quieter by the second, as she was accepting her fate.

 The guilt setting I when I was brought back to reality.

"You're not a monster, one day I will show you that, don't feel guilty my love, I will be there with you, forever and always" She whispers to me.//

But Charlotte...

Shes different than Melody. Melody wasn't a rebel like her, she was too innocent.

And that's why I love her.

Charlotte was danger.

Willing to hurt herself to be able to feel normality. 

---------------------------------------

Don't forget to comment and favorite♥