Oh, How Time Flies

~*~

Ashleigh woke up in a cold sweat, sitting up quickly and looking around her musty motel room for the night. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and quickly checked the time "5:33 a.m." She muttered softly before she rolled out of bed, letting her feet hit the raggid carpet below. It was time to keep moving, she was only a few hours away by now but she knew they weren't far behind her so she needed to be quick.

She stepped over to the bathroom and turned on the sink, splashing herself with cool water to wake herself up and glancing up at herself in the mirror. In hindsight, she hadn't changed all that much this past year, appearance wise. Sure, she looked a little more mature and her hair was a bit shorter than it had been. Her cheeks were a little less full, looking a bit more hollowed nowadays and her eyes seemed to have permanent bags underneath them but that was to be expected.

The woman slowly stepped out of the bathroom, grabbing her new burner phone on the way out as well as the keys to some old beat up truck she had stollen on the way here. She headed outside, leaving her motel key on the bed, and climbed into the driver's seat of the truck. She turned the key in the ignition, the engine rumbling to life before she pulled out of the parking lot and headed out onto the highway.

It's been a little over a year since she'd seen Sam and Dean, or spoken to them for that matter. It's not like she had a choice in the matter but that's besides the point. She lifted her head as she saw a large sign on the side of the road "Now entering Lebanon, Kansas.. home sweet home." She couldn't help the small smile that tugged at the corners of her lips. She was ready to see the boys again but at the same time, she knew that this would mean questions would have to be answered. And she was sure they'd have a lot of questions.

~*~

Blood. Her blood. It was the only thing she could make herself focus on as she laid on her side in some barn, her wrists tied behind her back. She was sure she was going to die. Her vision kept going in and out and she could feel the sticky warmth of her blood coating her skin. Her breathing was sharp and she could feel the darkness slowly dragging her towards a peaceful, never ending sleep.

Until he walked in.

~*~

She pulled the truck up to the bunker and let it roll to a stop in front of the familiar Impala. She pulled the keys from the ignition, shutting off the engine before she slowly climbed out and combed her fingers through her windblown hair. "Here we go.." she mumbled as she slowly stepped over to the bunker door and pushed it open. She took a look around, not seeing anyone at first "Hello? Sam? Dean?" She called out as the bunker door slammed shut behind her. She slowly walked down the stairs and peaked into the library, biting at her cheek before she turned, only to be met with two guns in her face. Both brothers staring at her with a mixture of emotions.

She instantly held her hands up in defense looking up at them as she took a small step back "Woah! Hey, come on now, it's me." She said in a hurry.

Sam started to lower his gun, but only for a moment before Dean scoffed "Yeah right. Either you're a demon possessing Ash's body or you're a shifter." He practically snarled. The thought of some demon taking her body like that filled him with rage. They were never able to find her body, no matter how hard they looked. Giving her a hunter's funeral was the least he felt that he could do after everything.

Ashleigh eyed him closely "Dean, I'm not a shifter, or a demon. Just-" she sighed "Listen, I'm telling you. It's really me. It's been a hell of a year and I'll be sure to tell you all about it, just put the guns down. Please." She said, looking pleasingly towards both brothers.

Dean was hesitant, but he slowly lowered his gun, motioning for Sam to do the same. "Alright. You want to talk, then let's talk." He said, still on edge as he held his hand up, pointing towards the table in the library for them to sit and talk.

Ashleigh took in a quiet breath but nodded her head as she lowered her hands down to her sides, heading into the library. This was going to be harder than she thought.