1

(Hermione's POV)

Music blares, drinks are being passed around and drunk sixth year students are running all over the place. Normally, you wouldn't find me in this kind of place, a place with drinks and hot, sweaty bodies everywhere, but since it's almost Ron's birthday, I let him and Harry drag me down to the room of requirement to celebrate the end of term. I can barely hear myself think over the music, let alone whatever Ron's trying to scream into my ear.

Over countless bobbing heads, I spot Pansy talking to Millicent Bulstrode. I can't stand that girl.

With Bulstrode chatting up my girlfriend, I have no excuse to go over there and try to spend some time with Pansy. There would be no justification for my going over there towards two slytherin students. If it were just Pansy, maybe I'd be able to say I was trying to make a snarky comment about her hair or those dangling hoops in her ears. In reality however, I'd be telling her how good she looks leaning up against the wall the way she is.

I hate how Bulstrode can talk to Pansy and I can't. I hate that I have to pretend for all of Hogwarts that I have only one feeling towards the slytherin witch: loathing, when really, I have a strong liking towards her.

From the very start of our relationship, our only rule has been that nobody can know. Neither of us are out, and after what happened to Draco... she doesn't want to take the risk with her parents. I hate keeping it a secret but I would do anything for her.

I slump down in a corner, swirling the drink in my hand. (I don't know where it came from. It's probably a better idea to not drink it, but I'm wallowing in depressing thoughts so better ideas be damned).

I shouldn't have come to this dumb party. Just as I'm about to leave, a tipsy Harry grabs my arm and pulls me back into a crowd of Hufflepuffs who smell like vodka and vomit.

"Where do you think you're going?" Harry shouts over the music, slurring his words, "The party has just started!" He spins me and starts to dance. I'll admit, drunk Harry is more fun than sober "I can save the world!" Harry.

I close my eyes and dance with Harry for a bit. When I open them again, Ron is standing on a table, aggressively hitting an empty bottle with his wand. Oh boy. Someone turns down the music and people slowly turn their attention to a wobbly Ron.

"Everyone year five and under has to gooooo," He shouts over the angry mumbles that have started, "Also! We're playing a game of truth or dare! Anyone can join!"

Harry shakes my arms and squeals into my ear, "Mione! We love this game! We gotta play!" Before I can protest, he's pulling me into the next room (where thank god, the music is quieter) and plopping down on the floor. Almost directly across from me is Pansy. I noticed myself staring, but she was wearing her red skirt with her fishnets and Doc. Martens. Those are my weaknesses, the Doc. Martens and her forehead kisses.

I guess Harry noticed me staring because he whispered, "Y'know, eventually you two are gonna have to work it out. You can't hate her forever."

In that moment, I wanted to tell him everything. I wanted to tell him how we sneak out of our common rooms to meet each other in the prefect's washroom, or how when nobody's looking, we hold hands and she rubs my palms with the pads of her thumbs. I want to tell him about our first kiss under the Weeping Willow and how she makes me feel warm and safe. I want to tell everybody how much I love Pansy Parkinson. I look back over and she meets my eyes. She smiles at me, no teeth, instead she presses her lips together so little dimples form on each side of her mouth.

I love her, and that's why I can't tell Harry. I think I was spacing out for a while because Hannah, in Hufflepuff, lightly taps my shoulder and I look up to see the whole room staring expectantly at me. I look at Pansy but she has her head between her knees and she's slowly rocking back and forth.

"...Sorry...what was the question?" I ask the room.

"C'mon Mione! Pay attention!" Neville groans. Angelina Johnson stands up, clearly trying to get even more attention.

"I asked the question!" She announces, "I asked what house your crush is in?" I look at her, then around the room, then at Pansy. She's still nervously rocking back and forth but now she's staring intensely at me.

"Come on, Hermione! Just tell us!" Ginny shouts from her spot in Luna's lap. Pretty soon everyone playing is shouting in my face, "Don't be such a party pooper, Hermione!" They're all yelling at me and I think I had one too many drinks cause the whole room is spinning and I can't think straight and Pansy is still shaking and I might puke and the room is so loud and..."SLYTHERIN!" I scream.

The room falls silent. Then all of a sudden people are cheering and laughing again and Parvati was just dared to kiss Dean and the whole room is back to the way it was before. Except Pansy is gone.

As you can see, this is a girlxgirl story so if you don't like that sort of stuff or you plan on being offensive, make life easier on all of us and stop reading now. We won't be tolerating any homophobia on our account.

The art for the cover is from upthehillart. They have awesome fanart of multiple ships so check 'me out!!

With that, thank you for reading, the second chapter will be out shortly.

-snowbazxtracob