Chapter 32

When I woke up, my vision was blurring in and out of focus, and the only thing I could hear was a loud ringing. But I could get a glimpse of the room around me. It was white and bright, and Darcy was in front of me trying to wake me. I couldn't hear her, though. I could only see her mouthing my name.

I could only stare at her until my senses began to return. Then I could hear her asking my name.

"Annie? Annie! Annie, time to wake up!" I shook my head, but quickly regretted doing so, because a searing pain shot through my veins.

"D-Darcy.." I held my head. She must've gave me something to immobilize me, because I could barely move and my legs were binded together. Then it hit me like rocks. Finnick.

I shot a mean glance at Darcy who was staring at me. Anger over whelmed me. My hands shot out and locked around her throat.

"Where's Finnick?" I yelled. "Where is he?!" Darcy clawed at my hands, trying to pry them off. She began to gasp for air as I gripped tighter.

"Let.. Go!" she struggled to get out. I didn't release.

"Where?!" I shouted.

"Annie, let her go," a new voice mused.

My head shot to where the voice came from. It was Finnick standing in the doorway. He was rather relaxed. I just let go of Darcy's neck, keeping my eye on Finn. Darcy coughed hard then got up, giving me a surprised stare.

"You're mad." It wasn't a question, it was a statement. I was not offended by it. She turned her head to Finnick and muttered something to him that I couldn't hear, but it didn't sound friendly. I ignored it. Emotions began to boil up inside me. Flashbacks played through my mind of him slamming my head against the backstage wall and letting me drop to the floor. Why would he do that? Why in the world would he do that?

My anger began to fade into sadness as I looked down.

"Annie, I''m sorry," Finnick apologized. I couldn't look up at him. I just stared at the heels on my feet.

"But I had to knock you out for the surprise." That got my attention. I looked at him with a quizzical look on my face. He laughed lightly.

"Dude! You could've just blindfolded me or something!"

"Nah, that takes all the fun out of it. Just come with me," he smiled, walking over to me and untying the ropes on my ankles. I got up, but instantly I got dizzy. Finnick sensed this and picked me up. I almost smiled as he took me into the hall of the strange house. I looked and saw a large stain glass window of the ocean hanging in the wall. It was beautiful, and it made me wonder where I am. Finnick carried me into what looked like a kitchen and set me down. The kitchen was big and roomy and filled with decorations and clay pots. "Finnick, where are we?" I ask, carefully picking up a copper statue of a cat.

"At our house in the victor's village," he replied, glancing out of a window.

Wait, what? We're home?! I darted to the window and saw the waves crashing over the beach in our backyard. I saw the house I used to live in with Alana outside the village gate. "We're home! We're home!" I yelled excitedly. "I'M HOME!".

Finnick laughed, remembering when he first came back from the arena, I guessed. I turned to look at him, then jumped into his arms. I was so happy. Finnick carried me out the door and to the beach, where he set me down ankle-deep into the water. I hugged him, letting the cool salty air brush back my hair just like it did the day of the reaping. He broke away from me, then pulled a shiny ring with a large pearl on it.

"Welcome back to the sea, Annie," he said. Finnick took off my gold seashell necklace and slid the ring on next to it, adding a charm. I smiled as a wave crashed down and wet the bottom of my dress. He pressed his lips close to my ear and said, "Ours is the best knot I've ever tied". I looked up into his stirring sea green eyes, and said, "I love you.".

THE END