008

008
( this man said "it's gruesome, that someone so handsome should care" )

chapter eight !

VINCENT HAD ALWAYS WISHED HE WAS GIVEN AFFECTION AS A CHILD

VINCENT HAD ALWAYS WISHED HE WAS GIVEN AFFECTION AS A CHILD. He wished that his mother loved him like any other mother loved her child. He wished she would have placed a gentle hand on his cheek and told him everything was gonna be alright when the weight of his powers dawned on him. He wished she would have cared. He longed for someone to be kind to him, to wipe away his tears and hold him close when the idea of death became one that made his head throb with pain.

And perhaps Five had been the first person to show him kindness. Although, it wasn't nearly enough. He wished he had that since birth. He wished his father wouldn't have made it oh so clear that he hated Vincent with a deep passion. Vincent wished his father would not have repeatedly reminded him that he was a mistake, that neither of his parents even wanted him in the first place. The phrase "you were not wanted" was something that engraved in his mind forever.

Vincent remembered the first time his father had said it when he was only 5 years old. When Vincent was playing with a toy truck on the ground while his father laid back on the couch watching the news. Vincent's mother had been no where to be seen, very likely at the supermarket or work. Vincent remembered his father leaning forward, spatting out the words and explaining that they just didn't have enough money to get rid of him. Vincent had cried, mostly because he barely understood. He believed that his parents were supposed to love him. And at that point the hard truth had caught up with him. He had ran to his room and slammed the door shut, not understanding why his father hated him.

Vincent wished his parents didn't hate him. He did not want anyone to hate him. Especially not Five. Seeing Five glare at any given moment and tell Vincent over and over that he did not want him here was overwhelming. It felt like he was going through living with his parents all over again. His parents had never hit him before. They had never laid a hand on him. In fact, it was all emotional torture and neglect that plagued Vincent's mind even after all these long years. He hoped his parents were suffering somewhere, as much as he shouldn't admit it.

However, he did not wish for Five to suffer. Not in the slightest. He wanted Five to be safe at all times. Vincent wanted Five to live through the apocalypse, to allow him to live a better life. It was only what Five deserved. He wanted Five to be happy with his siblings and maybe someone he wanted to marry one day. It was only fair that he could help Five become happy after ultimately making his life worse. It was only fair for Vincent, if he does survive the apocalypse, to leave Five just as the boy seemed to want. To go back to France far away and live a lonely life.

But Vincent hated to think of it.

He shook off his thoughts, watching Vanya walk inside of Five's room. Klaus was still lodged into the closet and Vincent was sitting on Five's bed, tapping three anxious fingers against his knee. Five stood by the window, turning slightly when he heard Vanya walk inside. Vincent could have scoffed, only because the faux shocked look that flashed over Five's face for a moment was laughable considering Five knew Vanya was coming way before she even walked in. But Vincent did not say anything.