Chapter 6

Louis’ POV

            “Alright, that’s it, I’m going over there!!” I practically yelled, causing Harry and Zayn to nearly jump out of their skin. “Sorry,” I mumbled. We hadn’t seen Hailey or Melissa in three days, and i was in a really bad mood because of it. We usually spent all day, together, everyday,  and we hadn’t seen them since Hailey and Melissa left, the night Hailey was sick. I texted Hailey about every hour, but she always had an excuse to not come over, or for me to not go over there.  

            “Lou,” Harry said softly, “Melissa said she’s just sick. She doesn’t want us to see her right now.”

            “Well I’ll bring her soup or something,” I mumbled, not really listening to him. I hated not seeing Hailey. She had become such a big part of my life, and she held my heart in her hands, even though she didn’t know it. I decided to just show up at their beach house. I knocked, and Melissa opened the door, and her eyes got bigger when she saw me.

            “Louis, what are you doing here? Hailey’s sick, she really doesn’t want you to see her right now. She, um, said she’s still getting over the flu, but she’ll be feeling better soon. “ Melissa said to me.

            “Mel, please, can I just see her, really quickly? Please?” I practically begged her. She looked like she didn’t know what to do, so before she could say anything, I walked in, straight back to Hailey’s room. I knocked softly on the door without saying anything.

            “Come in,” she croaked. She really did sound sick.

            I opened the door, and walked in, to find her in her bed, under blankets, with her back facing me. “Hey, Hailey,” I said softly and smiled. She turned around quickly in her bed.

            “Louis? What are you doing here?” She asked, a little mad at me.

            “I’m sorry,” I said, “I know you told me not to come, but I was really worried about you. I haven’t seen you in three days, and I missed you. I just wanted to see you.”

            “That’s really sweet of you. But I’m really tired and-“ she didn’t finish, but she bolted out of her bed, with her hand covering her mouth as she ran to the bathroom. Without thinking, I ran right after her. Usually, when people were sick, it really grossed me out. But it wasn’t so bad with Hailey. I kneeled down behind her and held her hair back as she threw up in the toilet. When she was done, she started shaking. I pulled her back against me and wrapped my arms around her. I pulled the towel down and she wiped her mouth. Melissa came in a minute later with a glass of water, so I helped Hailey up, reluctant to let her out of my arms. She brushed her teeth, and went back into her bedroom.

            “That was really gross,” she said, looking at me apologetically. “I’m so sorry you had to see that. Really.”

            “It’s okay, love,” I said, and it really was. I wanted nothing more than to take care of her, and make her feel better. I spent the next few days with her, watching movies, eating soup and crackers, and she was starting to look better. Her face wasn’t so pale, and her eyes weren’t hollow anymore.

            “Okay, I’m ready to get out of this house,” she said. I was still a little worried about her walking so much, but she really was looking better. She looked at me with so much hope in her eyes, I couldn’t say no. She had me wrapped around her finger.

            “Fine,” I gave in, “but if you start to feel sick, tell me and we’ll come back!”

            “Yes, sir!” she said, mocking me.