CHAPTER 4 - Revenge of The Witch [By Jenn]

CHAPTER 4 - Revenge of The Witch [by Jenn]

GERMANY, 1627

 It was the night that the Moon shone so bright just as the winter begun. It was believed that this is the time when the line that separated our world from the next was the thinnest. Eva-Maria stared deeply into the eyes of young Samantha and Phillip who were both five years old. Eva-Maria had adopted both of them when they were still infants. The growing love she had for both of them caused doubts on whether or not she should continue on what she was planning to. Ever since the witch-hunt started since the 15th century, she had always lived in fear. Not because she was a witch, but because she was associated to witch craft. Her intentions were to only help those in needs of medical attentions with her knowledge in herbs and traditional healings, but now usage of herbs was also associated to witchcraft. People started blaming witches for thing that they cannot explain such as the outbreak of Bubonic Plague.

This year, in this very place called Bamberg, their corrupt ruler, Gottfried Johann Georg II Fuchs von Dornheim had built a special prison that housed special torture chambers. It was rumored that he accused those who were rich of using witchcraft then seize up all their property for his own benefits. It was a dirty play but there were no way the people in Bamberg can escape this corrupt ruler. Eva-Maria had lost her faith in justice and humanity after years of seeing innocent people being burnt to death; tortured to confess sins they never committed and stripped off their rights without proper and just treatment. This all had to stop, she thought to herself. It was not that she did not know how to make a pact with devil, sell her soul or offer sacrifice of blood, but it was just she chose not to misuse her knowledge and capability into something immoral. But she needed to do something fast because she knew Dornheim will come for her next. She ran out of all her moral sense. Right now, at this very moment, all she can think about was to make pact with devil, to take revenge on the human race for all the injustice they had caused to her friends and to her soon enough.

She knelt before the fireplace in her mansion, holding her Athame knife firmly then murmured a spell. Immediately after she was done murmuring the spell, both Samantha and Phillip collapsed to the floor. A drop of tear fell from her eyes as she whispers, “I’m sorry…”

She continued with her ritual. Using the Athame knife, she sliced the palm of her hand allowing the blood to drop into the chalice in front of her. “Lucifer, Emperor, Master of All Rebellious Spirits, I beseech thee to be favorable to me in calling upon thy Great Minister which I make, desiring to make a pact with him.” A gust of wind stroke the fire place and caused the fire to dance a little. She continued, “Beelzebub, Prince, I pray thee also, to protect me in my undertaking.” She thought of the handbook to witch hunting, Malleus Maleficarum in her head as she went on reciting, “Astaroth, Count, be propitious to me and cause that this night the Great Demon appear to me in human form and without any evil smell, and that he grant me, by means of the pact which I shall deliver to him, all the treasures of which I have need.” The first condition in Malleus Maleficarum stated that being a witch is a renunciation of the Catholic faith. She did that today.

Great Demon, I beseech thee, leave thy dwelling, in whatever part of the world you may be, to come speak with me; if not, I shall thereto compel thee by the power of the might words of the Great Key of Solomon, whereof he made use to force the rebellious spirits to accept his pact.” She didn’t care anymore. The second condition stated that a witch was someone who devoted her body and soul to evil. Now, she did. “Appear then instantly or I shall continually torment thee with the might words of the Key: Aglon, Tetragrammaton, Vaycheon, Stimulamathon, Erohares, Retrasamathon, Clyoran, Icion, Esition, Existien, Eryona, Onera, Erasyn, Moyn, Meffias, Soter, Emmanuel, Sabaoth, Adona. I call you. Amen.” The third condition stated was in terms of offering up unbaptized children to the devil. She stared hopelessly at young Samantha and Phillip. She will sacrificed them today. She probably didn’t care about that anymore, too. She had lost all her humanity today.

And so, the devil appeared before her eyes. She offered the pact, selling her soul, sacrificing the children in return to condemn the human race and save the lives of other innocent women. The devil promised her that in three years the witch-hunt will be over and her vengeances over humanity shall be repaid. She smiled. Dornheim will be at her doorstep at any moment but she was not afraid. She knew one day this man will pay for what he did. But she didn’t know the devil’s plan for young Samantha and Phillip. These two kids will grow up until they reach the age when they will no longer ages. They will be the one that destroy the human race and humanity. They had no soul and they will never die. Their hearts are pure evil and they had no sympathy or love except only for each other but they will be separated and they will never know their past. That was the devil’s plan. Eva-Maria signed the pact with her blood. So the devil’s plan will turn out exactly as how he had in his mind.

At the very instant the pact is signed, Dornheim threw open the mansion’s door. Eva-Maria was lying on the floor with blood in her hand, lifeless. The body of young Samantha and Phillip was nowhere to be seen. Dornheim and his men should assume that she was all alone. They took her body away, they took her property away but they can never take back the pact she had made because of their wrong doings. In three years, they will be the one that suffers for the devil knows no mercy.