Chapter 3

Sleep.

Peaceful, placid, serene sleep.

Something I haven't had in awhile, well until I was awoken by someone shaking me.

I opened my eyes and squinted from the light. It was Rowan.

I groaned."What."I said a little too forcefully becaise Rowan flinched back away from me and looked nervous to talk.

"M-my mom told me to wake you up."I groaned and sat up. His eyes lingered onto my chest and he looked away embarrassment clearly on his face from me catching him.

I looked and noticed I was shirtless.

"Get up for what?"I asked.

"School."He told me, without looking at me.

I rubbed my eyes."School?"

"Yes, my mom just registered you and you now go to school. Haven't you ever you been to school?"He asked when I was still looking at him in confusion.

I usually don't tell people my personal business but I found my self shaking my head anyway.

"Seriously?"

I didn't like his additude. I glared at him."Got a a problem."He went back to looking intimidated.

I sat up and swung my legs off the bed. I sat up and stretched.

Rowan left the room telling me breakfast was done when I was ready for it.

Although I never been to school I've seen stuff on tv about it. I just hope it wasn't true because I have a really short temper and I don't want to get suspended my first day.

I got ready like told and and put on a black wife beater and a pair of jeans.

What? I was street fighter, we barely ever wore shirts. My wardrobe consisted of jeans, sweat pants, shorts, jackets, and wifebeaters.

I've become so used to it that when I owned a shirt with sleeves it felt as if I was sufficating in it.

After getting ready I went down stairs when the smell of breakfast hit my nose.

My stomach growled loudly as I went into the kitchen.

I forgot I didn't eat at all last night.

When the saw me theirs eyes lingered on my attir.

"What?"

Amber snapped out of it but Rowan kept staring, well until his mother pinched his causing him to hold hold his arm and glare at her.

"Um it's just, don't you have any other clothes to wear for school?"She asked, I could she was watching her word carefully not wanting to hurt my feelings.

I looked at her with a straight face and said."No."

She looked taken aback."Oh ok, but after school I'm taking you shopping alright."

I shook my head."It's alright you don't have to."I told her.

"It's alright, besides winters almost here and no need for you getting sick or anything."I didn't argue with her just grabbed a plate of food and ate to my delight.

I haven't had a real meal in awhile so I scarfed down as much as I can.

She told me to slow down saying it wasn't going anywhere but still, I'm a big guy I need to eat.

I ended up riding to school in an awkward silence with just Rowan, I think I scared him because he never looked at me directly, always kept his eyes on the road and nothing else.