Chapter 7-Alex

We sat under the tree in silence, just looking at each other.  Adam kept his eyes on mine, and I did the same thing with him.  As we sit lost in our on little worlds, the bell rings and we're jolted out of our daydreams.  We both jump and Adam abrubtly stands up and extends his hand to me.  I take it gratefully and he helps me get up.  He tells me he has history and the smile that was on my face moments ago, disappears.

   Adam sees my glum face and tells me sadly, "Hey, don't be sad.  We just have two more classes and then school's done.  We can be together then, ok?"  I nod glumly and we depart unwillingly.  I start walking to my locker and I'm about halfway there but I'm blindsided by a blow on my left side.

   "Oof!"  I back into the wall for support and look at my attacker.  "Anna?" I exclaim.

   "What?  Where were you?  I tried looking for you and I couldn't find you anywhere."  She tells me rapidly.

   "I was outside eating lunch with Adam."  I tell her, smiling when I say Adam's name.

   "Who's Adam?  Oh, well it doesn't matter.  We're going to be late for class."  She grabs my arm and pulls me to my locker.  What has her panties in a twist?  I'm about to ask her but the bell rings and she disappears down the hallway.

   I grab my art book then shut my locker door.  I walk down the almost deserted hallway, getting more and more nervous by each passing second.  Why, you ask?  Because Ian could be behind any corner, waiting for me to come so he can pounce and kill me.

   I start to walk faster and round the corner to the art room.  I walk through the doorway and breathe a sigh of relief.  Maybe I'm just paranoid.  Ms. Pilsbury walks in and asks us to take our seats, so I seat myself down in a random desk, only to find it's in front of none other than Ian.

   Instead of letting myself get distracted by the monster behind me, I try focusing on Ms. Pilsbury instead.  But the fact that Ian is sitting behind me sends shivers down my spine and makes my skin crawl.  I feel a tapping on my shoulder and think to myself, speak of the devil.  I try not to grimace as I turn around and I only partly succeed.  In front of my eyes is Ian extending a piece of paper towards me.  I catiously take it, making sure not to touch his hand in the process, and I open it.

   "Why are you ignoring me?"  I see in chicken scratch writing.  I cannot believe how stupid he is!  Does he not remember attacking me the night before?  Even a jerk like him would remember that.

   I scoff loudly, causing everyone to turn in their seats and look at me.  I put my head down and write, "Oh, I don't know....maybe because you attacked me the night before, Ian!"   I quickly and quietly fold the note under my desk then I pretend to itch my neck so I can hand him the note.  I kick his shin hard and I hear a loud grunt.  I smile to myself satisfied and focus on Ms. Pilsbury again.

   She tells us to turn to page 34 and tells us to read the page to ourselves.  I'm not even a sentence in before I feel another tap on my shoulder.  I "itch my neck" again and take the note.  I open it, then look down to see what it says. 

   "Well vampire boy should've stayed away.  I warned him....maybe he should learn to not take what isn't his."  After reading his words, a chill comes upon me but the chill is soon replaced by fiery hot anger.

   "I'm not yours, Ian.  I don't belong to anyone for that matter...(except Adam)."  I add to make him furious.  "I'm not a toy that you can claim as yours.  I love Adam with all of my soul and nothing will ever change that.  Maybe you might have what we have one day.  But you will never know if you don't let me go.  Maybe your "someone" is around the corner."  I fold the note and decide I'll keep it until after class.