Chapter 1

One year ago

I opened my eyes and a gray ceiling greeted me. I tried to reach for my alarm clock on the bedside table but it was empty, only then that I realized that the ringing was only inside my head. The room was very silent.

Wait a minute… the ceiling is gray! But it’s supposed to be sky blue! I looked around my room but it was not the room I had slept in last night. I began to panic but I tried to calm myself. I looked around again. The room was almost bare; there was nothing except for a couch, a chair and a bedside table.

If I guessed right, I’m in a hospital room, although this room does not look like a normal hospital room. The wallpaper was plain gray and floor was made of woods and all of the things inside the room looked ancient. 

Ugh! I’m in a low class hospital! What the hell had happened to me?

I gasped, maybe I have amnesia just like in TV but something was not right. I remembered my name, my family and everything about me. I don’t really know since I never experienced one and I only saw this kind of thing on TV. But I’m sure about one thing there must be some nurse or doctor around here and my father is supposed to be here. I can’t believe he putted me in this kind of hospital.

I tried to call out for any of them but no sound came. My mouth felt very dry like I’ve been in Sahara desert for years and never once had drunk water.

I heard a knock, finally! The door opened and a beautiful woman entered the room. She’s holding a silver tray that contained a pitcher and a glass. Maybe she’s the nurse although her dress doesn’t say so. She was wearing a long sleeves black dress that reaches her ankles.  The dress looked so old fashioned.

“You’re finally awake,” her voice was soft but there’s firmness on it. She walked towards me.

Since I couldn’t speak, I just looked at her as she poured some water on the glass then, guided it to my mouth. “Drink this water. I am sure you’re very thirsty right now.”

I took a sip then another and another, until I drained all the water from the glass. “Feeling better?”

I nodded. My stomach was bloated with water. Now that I mentioned it, I looked down, my stomach was so flat. I tried to raise my arms but I was so horrified for what I saw.

It’s not my arms I’m seeing… It was the arm of a dead person. It’s so thin, it looked like bones that only covered by a very white skin and the fingers were very long.

 The arms of bones move very slowly in the direction of my stomach where I wanted my hands to touch. It can’t be these are not my arms. How could that be possible? I looked up at the woman. I wanted to question her if she’s also seeing of what my eyes are seeing. But she had only a blank expression, her eyes revealed nothing. ‘’ You have to rest, your body is still weak’’.

 She tried to lie me down but I jerked away her hands. Due to panic and fast pumping of my heart. I seemed to have found a temporary power. I stood up to get out of the room but the world had suddenly spin and the next I know. I was lying on the floor.

“I told you…you are still weak, “the mysterious woman knelt beside me and to my surprise she carried me easily to her arms and lain me down to the bed.

‘’ Rest for now and when you’re strong enough I will tell you everything and I’ll answer of all your questions.’’ She putted the blanket.

She smiled a little, so little that I think I’d only imagined it. Then she left me.

My hands… it’s horrifying to look at. And my whole body felt numb, even my bones felt like jelly, that’s what I felt when I stood up earlier. I don’t understand any of these things. Just what on earth had happened to me?