It Just Doesn't Stop

*Chad’s P.O.V.*

I woke to the sound of screaming coming from somewhere down the hall. Although my heart pounded in my chest from fear of what it could possibly be, I threw the covers off of me and jumped out of bed. It sounded like it came from Röbby’s room so I quickly ran in there to see him sitting up in bed, drenched in sweat and looking like he had just witnessed a murder.

“Röbby?” I asked concernedly, walking over and sitting down on the bed beside him, placing my hand on his back and rubbing it affectionately. “Are you ok?”

After a moment, he hesitantly turned his head to look at me but flinched when he did. I frowned at him and he blinked a few times before taking a deep and shaky breath. “Y-Yeah, just… just a nightmare. I’m fine.”

I gave him a bit of a skeptical look but kept my tone soft. “Do you want to talk about it?”

He stared at me and shook his head. “No… no I’m fine. Thanks.”

I pursed my lips but complied, nodding and standing up. I didn’t know what to say so I just walked out and went back to my bedroom without another word.

Was he feeling ok? I was a little worried about him…

Hah, I was worried about my perfect friend when I was the one who should probably have people worrying.

Knowing that there was no way I was going to be able to get back to sleep at that time, I ran my fingers through my hair so it didn’t look so shitty and I went downstairs to watch TV for a while. There wasn’t much on at that time of night so I left it on the news as I laid down.

I heard footsteps making their way down the stairs so I propped myself up on my elbow to look over the couch. A tired-looking Röbby walked over, and I bent my knees a bit so he could sit down at the end of the couch. I didn’t say anything since I wasn’t sure what he was thinking.

I laid back down and relaxed, my feet gently pushing against Röbby’s thigh as I stretched out just a little. He glanced over at me but only for a moment before looking back at the TV.

I wanted to say something to him but wasn’t sure what, so I just said the first thing that came to mind.

“Hi.”

He raised an eyebrow, then looked over at me with a blank expression. He didn’t seem like he was going to talk but it couldn’t hurt to try.

I nudged him with my foot and smiled. “You don’t have to sit here with me.”

He shrugged and looked at the TV again. “Can’t sleep anyway.”

I kept my eyes on him for a moment before sighing and looking away. I gave up.

I listened as the news anchor went on with one of the stories.

“-claimed that he was attacked in an alleyway Monday night by a man with a knife. The man was said to have been wearing all black, with a hood over his head to conceal his identity. This is just one in a series of late night attacks involving a man with a knife, who stops his victims and leaves most of them with several cuts on their bodies. Authorities have been investiga-”

My attention was shifted to Röbby as he suddenly stood and walked off. I watched him as he went back upstairs and heard him shut his bedroom door, leaving me on the couch frowning. What was his problem? I should be the one leaving… I never should have let the TV stay on the news as they talked about that story. Hearing them talk about it, with Röbby right there… the urge was so strong…

I took in a sharp breath and turned off the TV. I needed to go to sleep before I did something I might regret.

I went back up to my bedroom and crawled under the covers, laying down and closing my eyes as I wished for sleep to come rather soon. It seemed like it took forever, but when I did manage to do so, I had the same nightmare that had been haunting me for the past three years.

~*~

*Röbby’s P.O.V.*

I had to leave the room before I broke down into tears. I was still freaked out by the nightmare that I had and that news story sure as hell wasn’t helping. And what are the odds it would be about… that?

I sighed heavily and settled into my bed as I heard a door down the hall close. I guess Chad got bored being alone downstairs and decided to try and go back to bed too.

I thought that I wanted sleep, that I would be fine now and just be able to get some rest, but fear washed over me as I fell back into a dark dream…

~*~

“Charlee? …Charlee!!”

I ran over to him as fast as I could, falling to my knees beside him. He looked up at me with half-closed eyes as he coughed wetly.

“Charlee?” I asked in a small voice, feeling like I was about to lose it. He coughed again before focusing on me.

“Run.”

I frowned at him. “What? No! I need to help you-”

“Run, Röbby.” he whispered. “Please.”

I stared at him for a moment before shaking my head violently, and that’s when I saw the blood pouring from his stomach.

“No.” I whimpered. I scooted closer and pressed my hands against the wound making Charlee wince, but I didn’t pull away.

“Go Röbby, I’m not asking you. I’m telling you to go right now!”

“I’m not leaving you!” I cried, tears falling from my eyes as I struggled to keep my friend alive. I looked down and my hands were now covered in his blood.

“Röbby,” he whispered. “Röbby, look at me.”

I sniffled and hesitantly looked at him. Although it was dark, I could tell that he was now dangerously pale, and he looked like he could barely keep his eyes open anymore.

“I’m going to die- no, Röbby, listen to me.” he said as I tried to interrupt him. “There’s nothing you can do to help me. You need to leave right now or you’re going to die too, and I won’t let that happen. Please, for me, leave.”

I stared at him with wide eyes, my mouth hanging open in shock. He couldn’t really expect me to do that to him, right?!

When I didn’t do anything, his voice took a harsh tone even if it was still weak. “Go… go!!”

I flinched and was about to stand up, but I first leaned down and placed a kiss on his forehead. I stood up and took one last look at my close friend, and I ran away.

Only to realize that I was being chased.

~*~

Once again I woke up with a scream and I covered in sweat, but this time there was no one to comfort me. I took a deep breath and got out of bed to take a shower since I knew there was no way I was going back to sleep tonight, at least not or a while. I walked into the bathroom, stripping off my clothes and taking a look into the mirror.

I looked like shit.

Makeup-less with bloodshot eyes and my hair sticking out everywhere. I looked like I was dying.

I sighed as I shook my head and started the shower. As soon I got in and the hot water hit my body I sighed again, but in contentment. My tense muscles relaxed and I closed my eyes as I let the water wash away my problems for the time being.

What was wrong with me lately? I almost never had nightmares, but now all of a sudden I can’t go to sleep without having them.

I tried not to think about it and just focus getting myself clean. Once I was done and dressed, I walked down the hall and not really knowing why, I went over to Chad’s bedroom door and slowly opened it. I peeked my head through and frowned when I saw that he wasn’t even there. I guess when I heard the door close earlier, it was him leaving and not just going to bed like I thought.

I shrugged and walked downstairs to watch TV again until I hopefully fell into a peaceful sleep.