Chapter 4

(Hayden's POV)

The sun's rays filtered through my window waking me up with a soft sigh. I snuggled deeper into my warm blanket trying to catch a few more minutes of sleep before greeting the day. The blanket tightened around me and pulled me closer.

Wait a minute. Blankets don't move.

I rubbed my eyes to see a muscular arm draped over me. My eyes widened but I kept quiet. I slowly turned to so see who the owner of the arm was but their face was obscured by a ruffled blanket.

I slowly tried to remove myself from the death grip without waking up the possible rapist in hope of bringing someone in to catch him red handed. The arm only tightened around me and slammed me back into a bare chest. All kinds of horrible scenes were flying through my head at this point so I gave up on being quiet and I screamed.

The arm possessor immediately shot up and hovered over me looking frantically around the room.

"What! What is it!"

"Ryder! You scared the heck out of me," I said recognizing his voice.

He took one look at me and his face turned beat red. He had obviously been caught doing something he was not supposed to do.

"I... was supposed to leave before you woke up but, you're darn adorable when you sleep. And comfy might I add." I stared at him, mouth gaping.

"No, you 'may not add'. Ryder what did you do when I was asleep?!"

"Nothing I swear! I just cuddled. It's a mate thing."

What's all the hubbub? Jasmine spoke up.

How nice of you to join us.

What? I was sleeping in my mate's arms and I'm telling you that was the best sleep of my life.

I couldn't really argue with that. I had never slept so soundly before. I need to read a Werewolf for Dummies book or something.

"It's really important that mates stay together and sleep by each other. We could get sick or our wolves will weaken if we're not together. And I'm not just saying that to get to sleep with you. Ask my parents if you don't believe me."

Ryder couldn't have looked so sincere and my heart crumbled at the though of bringing him pain. Why? Why did I feel so close to him? If I did, why do I keep on pushing him away?

"Okay. Well, I guess we could sleep together. But that's it! No dirty stuff. I don't want to be the cause of anyone's sickness."

"Really? You mean it?"

"Yes."

"I'll get some servants to move your stuff to my room." My cheeks reddened. "Oh." Ryder's did too when he realized I didn't have that much stuff at all.

He suddenly brightened up. "I have an idea. But it's going to be a surprise."

"Um. Okay I guess. So I'm staying in your room now?"

"Yes but you can come back to this room anytime you need privacy but we still have to sleep together at night."

"Okay. I can handle that."

Silence.

"Well, um, I'm going to change now."

Ryder didn't move. I made a weird motion with my arms that indicated he should leave.

"Oh, right. Sorry. But, could you come to my room when you're done?"

"Sure."

"Okay," he said as he hesitantly walked out the room. Gigi came in right after.