Chapter Two

Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading.

As I was rereading the first chapter, I noticed I flopped between past and present tense. I was planning on sticking to present tense, but since I sort of automatically write in past tense, I think I'm going to switch it to that. Thanks. (:

Charlotte - Zooey Descanel

Lucy - Emma Stone

Ashton - Cory Monteith

Chapter Two

As I pulled up to my driveway I heard a series of annoying beeps that could only mean Lucy didn't want to waste any time in giving me all of the details of her date. A small smile played on my face as I flipped open my phone and read:

"sooo.... want 2 hear evrthing?!"

I giggled at her excitement. I was happy for her. I really was. Her and Ashton were an adorable couple. I just felt another emotion hidden beneath all the giddiness. "Perhaps jealo-?" I didn't have time to finish my thought before my phone beeped once again.

"WELL?"

"of course!!"

"ok. :) ashton & i went to the park & he had packed an adorable picnic dinner! soooo cliche but it was amazing."

"awwwwwwww.... you guys are so perfect together, you know that?"

"thanks babe. :) but u knw, thts not even the whole story!"

"well, spit it out! u gotta tell your bff ya know... :P"

"haha. ok... well after we ate he took me 2 see walks w lions!!!"

I gasped. Then I reread her text, just to be sure I read it correctly.

"walks with lions?! how the heck did he accomplish that??"

Walks With Lions is a local band that probably draws about 75% of St. James' few visitors. When they're performing here they use a small theatre that's always packed. It's immensely expensive to get in and the tickets are known for selling out within a couple of hours after they go on sale.

"no clue but they were amazing live!!"

"sounds like an awesome date"

"after the concert we went for a walk n then drove to his house n watched movies... he let me choose chick flicks <3"

"adorable! wht movies did u pick? :P"

"the notebook, 500 days of summer, n mean girls... :) he didn't even get mad"

"cute! grr I am starting to get jealous! :P"

Okay so maybe I was more than a little jealous. None of the guys I ever dated would have watched girly movies with me. None of them would have paid for us to go see Walks With Lions. In fact, most of the boys I dated just invited me for the classic dinner and a movie or just to hang out at their house. I wanted a guy who would be creative and think of a cute evening before asking me to be his girlfriend. I wanted a guy who put some thought into something fun for us to do. I sighed. Obviously that wasn't going to happen.

"Maybe I'll become a nun," I thought before my phone beeped once again.

"don't be jeal. ull get a bf soon! promise"

"n just howww do you know that?"

"i have my sources..."

I gasped. I had thought she was kidding.

"wait wait wait... what r u talkin bout?!"

"Patience, young grasshopper," was her final reply. I sent her multiple question mark texts to no avail. What was she planning? A blind date? Maybe one of Ashton's friends? I wasn't sure if a blind date would be a good idea. But hey, it could be fun. A tiny smile found its way to my face before I realized I was still in my car, sitting in the driveway. I pulled the keys from the ignition, threw my phone into my purse, and made my way to the house. When I walked in I found my mom bustling about in the kitchen.

"Hey, Momma," I greeted with a smile. Hey dark brown hair was streaked with grey and pulled into a ponytail at the nape of her neck. She wore an old grey sweatshirt and mom jeans. She wore no makeup. She only wore it for nice occasions. Despite such a casual look, I still thought she was pretty and hoped I would look like her when I was her age.

"Hey, Hon. How was work?" She asked as she cut up some vegetables.

"Work was work," I sighed. A smile played on her lips before she tossed all the vegetables into a bowl filled with lettuce.

Once I climbed all of the stairs to my room, I tossed my purse onto the floor, pulled out my ponytail, and did a belly flop onto my bed. I smiled when I thought of how sweet Ashton had been to Lucy. I was genuinely happy for her. My smile grew broader still as I thought about the possibilities of what Lucy had implied were to come. As if Lucy had been reading my mind, my phone beeped with the message:

"dbl date fri nite. me, ashton, u, & ? ;)"

----

Sorry, I know it's a bit short but I just had a 4 - day weekend and saved all of my homework and cleaning for the day before school resumes! I'll try to put aside time to write longer chapters next time.