just another small town girl... living in a lonely world (Chapter 1)

EDIT:  This story has been moved. To read the newly revised version, please check it out under its new name, TINY CONCLUSIONS. Thank youuuuu. xx

---

BEAR WITH THESE BEGINNING CHAPTERS. Or just skip ahead about 5 chapters, if you like. This is just for fun. And the first few chapters are kind of horrible. I wrote them a long, long time ago.

---------

Hey Everyone, this is my first story! I just feel like writing, and I'm not 100% sure where it's going to go, so bear with me! Sorry it's short, I just wanted to upload! 

Also - Yeah, the title is kinda cheesy, haha. :)  

But who DOESN'T love don't stop believin'?! NOBODY, that's who.

Actually, it's just a placeholder until I think of a good name. So like I said, bear with me!

Tentative character list.... 

Charlotte - Zooey Deschanel 

Lucy - Emma Stone 

Ashton - Cory Monteith

Chapter One (Part 1)

Charlotte's POV 

Beeeeep. Beeeep. Beeeeeeeeeeeep. I roll onto my side and shut my eyes even tighter. BEEP. BEEP. BEEEEEP. I groan and slam my hand down on my bedside table, searching for the snooze button before I remember that I have to work today. I sigh and roll back onto my back, opening my eyes. The first thing that I see is the robin's egg blue color of my ceiling, like every morning. I slowly sit up. BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP. Ugh. Morning. Again. I slap my hand down on my alarm clock and walk over to my closet.

My name is Charlotte Lippman. I am a 17 year old who lives in St. James, Minnesota. Population: 13,000. Today is Saturday. 6:30 AM. I have to work today at my job, which is at a small diner called The Ship. It's been there for years and hardly anyone under 60 ever comes in. Once I have on the standard uniform (jeans and "The Ship" T-shirt), I grab a strawberry Nutri-Grain bar for the road, my car keys, and purse before hopping into my car. I sigh. Just another boring day.

Once I get to work, I see that Lucy is already there. Lucy has been my best friend since 5th grade. Most people have no clue why we're friends, since she's the dare-devil and attention-loving type, while I'm mostly quiet and thoughtful, popping out a witty joke every once in a while, and usually sarcastic. Lucy has reddish hair and bright blue eyes. She has one of those sly smiles that lets you know she's always plotting something. She's wearing tight skinny jeans and the traditional "The Ship" T-Shirt.

"Sup, Char?!" She greets cheerfully. 

"Hmph," I manage to mumble. She pats me on the back and hands me her coffee to take a sip. After I've chugged about a third of her mug I'm feeling awake enough to have a proper conversation. 

"So, how'd it go last night? You never texted me back," I say. Last night Lucy went out with Ashton Anderson, who she's been seeing for almost 4 weeks. 

"Sorry, it was late," she responded. 

I waited a couple seconds, and when she didn't say anything, I gave her a look. 

"And.....?" I asked. She promised to give me all of the details! 

"AndheaskedifIwantedtobeexclusive!" She squealed. 

"Er, sorry... didn't catch that," I laughed. 

"He asked if I wanted to be exclusive! We're officially a couple!" Her grin was from ear to ear. 

"Lucy!!" I squealed, "You have a boyfriend!" 

Alright, so we were maybe a little bit overexcited, but we just thought that we would be more like the girls who have real boyfriends in college. We'd both dated, of course, but never really gone out with anyone serious. 

"I know," she said slowly. "This is weird!" 

We laughed at how immature we were acting and then bustled around the diner as the first group of customers came in. We were the only workers today, besides the cook, because the owner only comes in on weekdays.

After work, Lucy promised to text me the details of her and Ashtion's date. 

"You better!" 

"Swear I will! He was so sweet! You'll love it," She was still smiling. 

"Aww he makes her so happy," I thought.

As I was driving home, I wondered if I would be lonely now that Lucy would be spending most of her time with her shiny new boy. And would I really never have a real boyfriend until college? I was getting sick of just seeing guys for a couple of weeks. I was so over it. The only problem was that I didn't know any guys that I could imagine being serious with.