A World's War: Opereation Black Out

A World’s War: Operation Black Out

Table Of Contents

Chapter 11- About Time!

Chapter 12- Left Behind

Chapter 13- In Pieces

Chapter 14- Operation: Black Out

Chapter 15- First Blood

Chapter 16- Status?

Chapter 17- Liethblackuths

Chapter 18- The Antidote

Chapter 19- Secure the Air

Chapter 20- No More Secrets

Chapter 21- Bloody Beaches

Chapter 22- Defend Flarion Islands

Chapter 11

About Time!

Year: 2030 June 8     0400 hrs. / 4:00 am.

            It had been a week since Legacy arrived on the Tyrano home world and had accompanied the Rangers within the mountain. All they had, ship wise, was the USS Serena and her crew. The A.I Serena was able to stabilize Cortana for the time being.

            “This is why we don’t leave our ship’s computer systems for longer than three years,” said Serena.

            “I thought you A.I’s start deteriorating after three years regardless,” 2Lt. Natalie spoke up.

            “Well yes, see we can only leave our computer systems for three years then we start deteriorating. But if we get to our ship’s computer systems, then we will not deteriorate. Once we get repaired we can leave our ship’s systems again.”

            “So all we have to do is get Cortana onto her ship?” asked John.

            “Yes, but like me she won’t be able to leave her ship’s systems until she is repaired,” replied Serena.

            “Wait I thought Dr. Brendon (Dr. Brandy’s last name) was on board, the USS Serena,” stated Nicolane.

            “I am, however I do not have the equipment to fix her. I am Dr. Jennifer Brendon,” stated Dr. Brendon as she entered the room.

            “Well what’s her status?” asked Chris (Christina Santos).

            “You’re lucky you got her here in time. I don’t even know if she has enough left in her to transfer herself into her ship’s computer! She has deteriorated very badly!”

            “Hey don’t yell at us! It aint our fault!” snapped Cpt. John.

            “Actually it is; if you wouldn’t have let her go mobile so much, she wouldn’t be this bad Captain!”

            “She saved our lives on more than one occasion!”

            “It doesn’t matter!”

            “Hey! Okay that’s enough!” yelled Nicolane as she stepped in between the two.

            “Wait a minute; Dr. Brendon’s first name was Brandy…” began Cpt. John.

            “Baby I said that’s enough. Calm down, Dr. Jennifer is doing everything she can to save Cortana,” Nicolane stopped him.