Chapter One- Change of Plans

Okay, so the picture on the right is supposed to be Katrina's cat, Star, but much bigger of course. The cat on the cover isn't really anyone in the story, but the wolf is Colin. Enjoy the story!

“Okay… So why is there a three year old here?” I rolled my eyes. Lillian could be so annoying sometimes, well, usually all the time... That three year old was my adorable little sister, not some annoying kid that would get in the way. Actually, that’s what Lillian was, except she had to be here. She’d gotten her cat just like the rest of us.

“I have to watch her. Besides, she’s starting to get her cat and I want her to understand the world she’s growing into. Anyways… you’re only ten, so you shouldn’t be complaining about age.” She sighed at me as she folded her arms.

“Well, at least I’ve connected with my cat form. You know, officially, like, full transformation, and in-head conversations with her… sort off. She doesn’t let me talk often.” I nodded my head. Getting your cat to listen to you was the hardest part of growing into your cat. I knew Lillian was having trouble with communicating with Tiger Lily, but I also thought she was being very rude about my sister.

“She’s getting there, doing pretty well for her age.” I told Lillian. Then, Picked Kira up, and smiling whispered into her ear, “Show ‘em your new trick.” A smile pulled onto my baby sister’s face, before cat ears slowly began to grow on her head. They were bright orange, and stood out from her black hair. She giggled at me while twitching them around. Tyra walked in just as this was happening.

“Oh! Nice! Kira’s getting her cat. I hope she’ll be helping us fight in the war soon.” I nodded at her, and then placed Kira on the ground.

“Yeah, but um… hey! What’s in your bag?” Smiling, she placed the bag on the table, and tried to keep me from seeing inside.

“Oh, just some new supplies for tonight’s mission.” With that, my smile became a frown. I couldn’t go on a mission. I had to take care of Kira.

“Shoot! There’s a mission tonight?”

“Yeah, Uh… Is that a prob- oh. Kira.” She looked over at her as she said her name, figuring out why I couldn’t go. I nodded unhappily.

“Gosh, that’s too bad. There’s no danger currently, so I was planning on something fun, and you’re going to miss out” I slumped down.

“Don’t make me jealous, or more jealous.I already realize that I’m missing out.”

“Well, it is going to be hard not to make you jealous, but I’ll try.” I rolled my eyes and sat down across from Tyra at the table. She opened the bag and the rest of our pride: Lillian, Maury, and Sashara gathered around. Tyra began pulling out items, and suddenly I became very confused.

“Um… Tyra? That’s all make-up.” She simply rolled her eyes at me.

“Yeah?”

“Well, you kind of said it was for tonight’s mission… and, well I don’t know what would be mission supplies, but that is certainly not it.”

“Don’t be lame, Katrina. Tonight’s mission is across the street…” Across the street was the one house where they had a party every night. A bunch of- wait. Was Tyra implying what I thought she was?

“This doesn’t involve the…” I had to pause for a second to build up my disgust, “dogs’ party, does it?”

“Oh, definitely. We’re going to get into that party and have our revenge.”

“Explain to me how we’re going to get in when we weren’t invited.”

“That’s where the makeup comes in. They’ll let in any girl as long as she’s pretty enough.”