THIRTY-SIX , HUMAN

"Anything?" Harper glanced over at Isaac as he jogged back to her

In response, the werewolf shook his head, a frustrated look on his face as he paused in front of her, hands on his knees while he panted.

Stiles rolled his eyes. "It's like this thing doesn't want to be found."

For Harper, Lydia, Stiles and Isaac, the past five days had been constant searching through the woods- and for a tree stump of all things. Well, not just any tree stump- the Nemeton. That's where they guessed Parrish had been dumping the bodies, not that they had told him this.

They figured that Parrish didn't even remember doing it and they didn't tell Sheriff Stilinski either. Everybody assumed that Parrish was unstoppable until he got to the bodies, and Stiles knew his father better than anyone else- he knew that Noah would try and stop Parrish taking them anyway.

The pack didn't want to put him in any danger.

That wasn't to say that the pack had been really talking for the past five days, either. Nobody had any idea about what was going on, so nobody said anything at all. At school, the friends all just walked past each other like they didn't exist- minus the odd exception. Harper was still talking to Lydia, Stiles and Isaac.

Malia had distanced herself for whatever reason- probably to do with the fact that hers and Isaac's relationship wasn't improving at all. Isaac just distracted himself by helping the other three teenagers search for the bodies. Scott was paranoid about his asthma, nobody had heard from Kira, and Liam and Hayden were in their own little world of love and happiness- making out in between classes and sleeping over each other's houses after school.

The only good thing to come out of the past five days was the fact that Stiles had managed to find someone that knew a lot about Empaths, or at least said she did. She lived a few states over and owned some quirky astrology store or something. He'd called the old woman up and she'd said she wanted to see Harper, but only Harper. It would be the first Empath she'd ever met, but to be honest, that wasn't a shocker since all the others were dead. However, they didn't know when they were going to go since no time felt like a good time.

"Maybe it knows we're late for class," Lydia retorted, turning around from where she was standing in the opening of the woods.

Isaac looked up, noticing the two white crosses drawn with chalk on one of the bigger trees. Harper had been marking everywhere they went, but it appeared they were going round in circles at this point.

"We've been here twice," the werewolf muttered sourly.

"Crap," Stiles huffed.

Harper pursed her lips, hesitating before she spoke up. "Maybe we should talk to Parrish now. He might not remember taking the bodies, but maybe he has some sort of sixth sense. Like, if we asked him he could know the way to the Nemeton without realising it kind of thing."