FOUR , FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH

"WOW."

After dropping Malia and Kira back to their homes, the rest of the McCall pack had rushed Derek straight to the only person they knew could help them- Deaton. However, as the vet looked down at the teenager lying across the metal table in the middle of the room, it didn't look like he was sure what had happened either.

"Wow as in 'wow, I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do' kind of wow?" Stiles asked, "cause that's the kind of wow we're hoping for."

Isaac sent him a look, "really?"

"Shut it," the Stilinski boy threatened.

It seemed that no matter how much time passed, or what the two went through together, Isaac and Stiles would never stop bickering. Stiles' distaste for the boy had sparked back in sophomore year when he and Erica were trying to get Harper and Lydia to eat the kanima-venom-covered-crystals. He had threatened to kill Harper, therefore leaving a very sour taste in the hazel-eyed boy's mouth. Then he went and contributed to his and Harper's breakup a few months ago.

Isaac just simply couldn't stand Stiles' constant sarcasm.

"I think you may be overestimating my abilities," Scott's boss muttered.

Lydia's hand moved out to hold Derek's larger one, "he's cold. Really cold."

Deaton pursed his lips in concern, reaching down to check Derek's skin. Harper studied this new Derek, trying to make comparisons between him now and his former self. One thing was for sure- Derek hadn't had a hair change in the past however many years, which was kind of unsurprising.

"Do you think he'll be like this forever?" The Empath asked.

The older man forced Derek's eyes open, shining a torch at them.

"I don't think a medical diagnosis is even adequate," he sighed, looking up at the pack, "this is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles questioned.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much," Deaton explained, "it's probably best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"From Kate?" Isaac raised his brows.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate," he reassured the group.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" The strawberry blonde spoke up, knowing that Deaton knew more about the Hale family than they did, what with him previously looking out for Talia Hale herself.

Deaton shook his head, "knowing Kate it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her."

"And bad for everyone else," scoffed Stiles, rolling his head to try and get rid of some of the stiffness from driving all night.

"You guys should probably go home," the vet advised, "he doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night. You all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Amen," muttered Isaac.

Harper smiled slightly, stifling a yawn, "don't have to tell me twice, doc. C'mon, Sti, I wanna sleep."