Chapter 2

A/N: Okay guys, here ya go. Sorry it took so long. I know that i am a horrible person but i have a lot of crap to do (its serioulsy the truth:( ) So i have no idea where this story is going so i may not update for a bit. Thank you for taking the time to read my work. It means alot.

Scar’s POV:

The first words out of his mouth were, “What ya up to?” I knew right then that I probably should have let that boy get beaten up. It wasn’t worth it.

“Go away.”

“I just want to pay you back for saving my life.” He said fluttering his brown eyes at me. I snorted, “I didn’t do anything remember. You could have handled it yourself.”

“I at least wanted to thank you. I hate oweing little ladies like you. It always ends up biting me in the butt.”

“I. Am. Not. Little.” I said through clenched teeth. It was needless to say that I was sensitive about my height. “Now, GO AWAY. Just forget about me, i don’t care if you don’t pay me back. I have stuff to do and you’re distracting me!”

“What kind of stuff?”

“Ugh!!!” I have had enough of this brat. Time to disappear.

Merging into crowds was my specialty, so it was relatively easy to lose the boy. A few minutes later I had arrived at my destination, a large abandoned shack. You couldn’t tell from the outside that this is where the Peacekeepers reside. No one knew about them except the gangs. If any outsiders found out they were quick to shut their mouths when we paid them a visit. Of course, we would never cause harm to the innocent but it was important to keep this a secret from others.

I sauntered into the shack and walked to the far wall. A rug covered a hidden door to an underground passage. As soon as I got the door to the passage I heard footsteps outside the building. I swiftly grabbed the bar above the door and hoisted myself up. When the person entered the shack I quickly dropped behind him and knocked him down before he had the chance to move.

“Umph!” The breath whooshed out of my victim. I smiled smugly.

“Can you please get off me chick? I just wanted to see what business you were talking about.”

“How did you find me? If you tell me I might consider letting you go.” I was confident of my skills of losing people and was shocked that he had followed without me knowing.

“Secret,” he said.

I dug my heels into his back, causing him to grunt. I bent down close to his head, “Pretty please?” I breathed into his ear.

He paused for a fraction of a moment, “I am pretty good at tracking people. In the gang that was what I did sometimes. Tracked the people they wanted me to. Happy? Now get off of me.”

I pouted, “No fair.” But I got off of him.

Leo’s POV:

“What are you doing here anyways? Curiosity killed the cat. You’re lucky I’m a nice person or you would have been killed. I have a pretty mean kick. Especially if it is aimed at your manly place.” She said through laughter.

I coughed uncomfortably. “Umm, no reason in particular.”

There was no way I was going to tell her why. Something about this girl gave me the impression that no day would be boring with her around. Besides I was sick of my old life, it was time to move on.

She looked at her watch and cursed. “Look, let’s get to the point. I am very late for something very important. So I will show you to the door and hopefully, if there is a god, I will never see you again,” she said while pushing me toward the door.

“Oh, no you don’t. You’re not getting rid of me just yet,” as soon as this left my mouth the door on the other side of the room flew open.

“Scarlet!” boomed a voice. A figure glided up to her.

Scarlet sighed and let go of me. “I know I’m late. I got held up,” she said to the man.

He glanced at me and scowled, “Get rid of him.”

“I’ve been trying to but he is like a tick. It seems he won’t be leaving anytime soon Zaffre,” she huffed while crossing her arms over her chest.

“Strays are more trouble than they are worth. Can’t you just mind your own business for once Scar?” Zaffrie practically screamed.

“Ummm, I’m right here you know. I can hear you,” I said, starting to get irritated.

“Shut your trap boy. I don’t want to hear a peep out of you or I’ll be the one to personally kick your ass,” he snapped.

I cracked my knuckles, “Bring it,” I said threateningly. No one insults me and gets away with it.

Scar stepped in between us as we were about to throw punches. Zaffre didn’t look like he was going to stop for anything, even if that meant hitting the girl between them. As soon as his fist was about to connect with her face she grabbed it.

“Now boys, lets break this up before this gets messy. I don’t want to clean y’alls blood up. Better break it up before I lose my temper,” she said deadly calm.

She glared daggers at Zaffre and remarked, “Why don’t we get going? Caleb will be looking for us.”

He only glowered and snatched his hand away. ”Whatever.”

She looked at me thoughtfully, “You can come if you want but Caleb decides your fate. I can’t guarantee it will be a safe one.” With that she and Zaffre walked through the door Zaffre had come from before.

I had made up my mind long before. I had to move on from my past before it consumed me. Without hesitation I followed them through the darkness. There was no changing the past after all. No turning back now.

Caleb, it turned out, had indeed been waiting for them. His brown eyes pierced through me, “It’s nice you to finally join me Scar. I hope you are late for a very good reason.”

“Got held up,” was all she replied as she took a seat across from him.

“I see that. Now who might this be?” he asked while studying me.

“Some dumb stray that can’t mind his own business,” Zaffre cut in irritably.

“He was in a tight spot when I found him. I thought it would kill some time,” Scar said.

Caleb’s eyes softened, “Well I guess I can excuse you for being absent. You have a name boy?” the question was directed at me.

“Leo sir,” I said hesitantly.

Caleb seemed around middle aged with the air of a protective parent around him. You could tell he had been through rough times from the scars all over his arms. Though he looked tough, you could tell his life held more than pain from the kindness that reflected in his eyes.

“Well Leo, do you know what this place is?” he asked.

I noticed the room for the first time. On the wall behind Caleb was a huge map of the whole city with red and white pins scattered across it. Other than that the whole room looked normal.

“No idea,” I said.

Now that he thought about it these people were strangers to him. How was he to know if they were some blood thirsty gang after him? Then again he was the one that had followed the girl called Scarlett. Leo glanced at her. She certainly looked like someone that had no problem with killing. Leo shivered, what have I gotten myself into?