Chapter 1~ Leo

Leo's POV

“I'm done,” I said sternly,” I no longer want to be part of this.”

More people than I thought would come had turned up for this meeting. There were around 70 or so men gathered in the abandoned theatre. Streaks of sunlight peaked through the tattered curtains, giving the room a dim appearance. Many of the people were seated in the purple seats surrounding the stage while others lounged on the floor like lions patiently waiting for their next meal.

“Do you have a death wish?” Someone yelled in the distance breaking the tense silence, “Don't you know anything?! You’ve seen what happens to anyone stupid enough to quit.”

Many cries of agreement followed this. The boss leaned against the stage a few feet away. His large build gave him an air of authority. Along with glaring black eyes and a scarred face anyone could tell he was not someone to mess with. He gazed at me curiously, looking as though he were debating over something.

I didn’t like where this was going. Sure I had seen the others, some were lucky to get away with their lives. Did they honestly think that would stop me?

“Why the sudden change of heart Leo?” The boss rumbled.

I glared at him, “You know why!”

He chuckled humorlessly. The men around the theatre shifted uneasily, feeling the boss’s anger, “You’re one of my best men. ‘A rare find’ as others would call it. Do you think I would let the Peacekeepers get hold of you? If you refuse to be part of this then I will end your life where you stand. It’s as simple as that. Now tell me, do you still desire to leave me?”

“Yes. I am through with this life.” I answered without hesitation. The crowd of people glanced eagerly at the boss. I knew what they were thinking, I would not end up like the others; they were mistaken if these people thought that I would go down without a fight.

“Ah, well then I guess this was inevitable.” He sighed almost regretfully as he motioned for the others to step up. “Now I wonder what your last request will be?”

“Outside, I want to be outside when I kick y’alls asses,” I grinned.

“An interesting perspective for someone in your position. Very well, let’s take this outside.”

I walked quickly out of the building and positioned myself in the dark alley where I could escape if I needed to. Garbage was scattered everywhere, so I had to make sure that I didn’t trip on any of it, there were ripped plastic bags and grubby bottles spread along the edges and black grime worming through the cracks of the floor. Around 20 men surrounded me.

“Now see here, boss, do you really think that you need this many men?”

He grunted,” Nice try Leo, but you’re not getting out of this one. If anything I would need more people to kill you.” with that said the boss snapped his fingers.

One of the men from the circle stepped forward while the others remained behind. Before he had a chance to move I sent a punch toward his stomach. Swift as lightning the man dodged and threw a punch of his own. “Nice try,” I said, grabbing his fist and kicking him where it counts. He yelled in pain and crumpled to the ground. Let’s just say he wouldn’t be getting back up.

Now that one of their comrades were down it was time to get to business. A few of them grabbed me and the others brought out a weapon of some kind. I struggled against their grip to get away when all of a sudden a voice rang out, “Interesting, I wonder if this is what you call a fair fight.”

Startled, the men forgot all about me and looked up. Glancing up too I noticed that a girl was on top of the building above us. She spared me a glace before turning her attention back to the others. “What ya up to boys?”

I smirked. Grabbing the guy behind me I threw him over my shoulders and swiftly punched another in the throat. Still stunned by the sudden attack I snatched at the fallen knife and stabbed one in the foot. When I looked around me for another victim I found that that all the other men were on the ground groaning. “You’re welcome,” the girl said from behind me.

“I could have handled it,” I replied stiffly while turning around to get a better look at her. I have to say, she wasn’t bad on the eyes. Long brown hair flowed past her shoulders and startling gray eyes gazed at me lazily.

“Whatever you say.”

“Why did you help me?” I asked puzzled. Not a lot of people around here helped others out of the goodness in their hearts.

“No reason,” was all she replied mysteriously, “Oh and I would get out of here before the others come.” She tagged on as an afterthought.

Before I had a chance to reply she was already making her way towards the busy street, “Wait!”

She turned around reluctantly, “What is it?”

Scar’s POV

“...Who are you?” The boy asked hesitantly as if scared of what the answer might be. A wary face searched mine with curiosity.

Thinking for a second I replied, “No one important.”

I quickly ran into the crowd before he could ask any more questions. I’m going to be in a ton of shit once I get back. I was supposed to be there an hour ago.

Looking behind me I saw that the boy was following me. Just great, I don’t think I’m going to be getting out of this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: This chapter is kinda slow but it will get better. I just wanted to introduce an important character :) For those who actually read this i dont know when ch. 2 will be posted cuz of my busy schedual. I promise to do it as soon as i can. Thanks to all that actually read my writing :D