Wings to Fly Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Dude we should totally go out tonight!" Adella's big blue eyes looked up at me hopefully. I thought about it for a minute.

"Uh, yeah we should totally celebrate no one dying! We busted up laughing.

Today's the day of The Black Parade. Thousands of years ago today, there was a secret war between humans and demons. Demons slaughtered and tortured humans because they wanted their land. Surprisingly the humans won the battle. Unfortunately so many humans were killed. Their families had to watch them suffer right before their eyes. There were so many tears that day. It was a time of such sorrow. Now there's one day of the whole year when it can rain in Heaven. That's the only day when you can kill an angel. Although it only rains if an angel is about to die. The rain is like an alarm being triggered. The only way to kill an angel is if you cut off their wings and throw them into Life's Curtain. Life's Curtain is an ancient waterfall located in the middle of Heaven. It's the most sacred of places, it's filled with such power. I has the ability to bring life, and take it away. If an angel dies their souls are taken to the Shadow Realm. They are now damned for eternity to live in the Shadow Realm as Shadow Roamers. The Shadow Realm is a place filled with darkness, almost as bad as Hell. Adella and I are going out to celebrate that it hasn't rained.

"So where do you want to go?" She asked me.

"I don't know why don't we just hang out at The Fountain of Youth." (Not actually youthful.)

"Do you want to wear my black mini dress? Ella asked. I'm wearing one just like it."

"Dah, why do you even ask?"

"I honestly don't know."

We curled our blonde hair, and fixed our make up. We were out the door by sunset. I unlocked the door to my neon green, convertable top slug bug. The cool breeze blew through our hair. We decided to let our wings spread. The bigger the wings the better. I was lucky I had full, lucious ones. In my world wings were like boobs.

We entered the club form the back doors, like always. All eyes turned to us. Lucky for us the place was packed with hotties.

"I'm going to get a drink. I told Ella. You want to join me?"

She ignored me. I snapped my fingers in her face. She was staring at this dude from across the room.

"Hello, Earth to Adella?" I sighed.

"Shh, I'll be right with you my darling." She pressed her finger to my lip, sarcastically.

"Okay then." I walked over to the bar.

That's when I saw him. He sat in the corner table by himself. He had stark black skater hair,and enchanting blue eyes. He wore a black muscle shirt, and dark jeans with black vans. His eyes met with mine. I meant to turn my head but our gaze was too strong.

"Uh, Miss are you going to order?" The bartender asked me. Our gaze broke.

"Yeah, I'll have a dirty martini, please?"

"Coming right up Miss." He went to work, making my my drink.

I jumped when I turned my head and saw that he standing beside me. So close I could reach out and touch his face.

"God, don't sneek up on me like that!" I said to him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." His perfect face pulled up into a smile. I couldn't breathe, he was so flawless. I just wanted to grab him and kiss in the rain. He laughed a sexy, seductive laugh. My face turned a bright pink color.