Wings to Fly Chapter 1

Chapter 1

You know those days when you just sit in your room and cry? You never exactly know why you're feeling this way, because there's millions of explanations. The sweet scent of fabric softener fills your nose as you stuff your face into your pillow and cry. The sounds of Gothic music fills your ears, but it only makes the pain worse. This is one of those days. Maybe you'd feel hurt because your boyfriend broke up with you. Or you got into a fight with your parents. Well not me I'm no ordinary girl.

"Anastasia, honey can you please open the door?" My mother knocked on the door. I wiped away the tears that still lay there, wet on my cheeks.

"Just come in!" Its not like she had any problems walking into my room before.

"It's locked." The doorknob turned repeatedly.

"Ugh!" I groaned, getting up. I unlocked the door. My moms beautiful face pulled up into a smile, revealing her perfectly aligned teeth. Her blue eyes and blonde hair glimmered in the sunlight. She spread her white wings to their fullest, obviously getting ready to go somewhere.

"What do you want Evangeline?" Her wings drooped.

"Do not call me Evangeline. I'm not one of your little friends." I crossed my arms. "I just wanted to tell you , your father and I are going out. Dinner's in the oven."

"Don't you dare call that poor excuse of a man my father!" I screamed, slamming the door in her face. I turned my stereo up full blast and lay back down on my bed. Why were parents always so difficult?

I know my mom doesn't intentionally act like a bitch. She just doesn't know when to stop. I'll always love her with all my heart, but I hate the fact that she wants me to call James my dad. He's such an effing loser. I don't get how my mom doesn't see that. I just wish he'd die. Everything would be so much easier if he was gone. Too bad for me angles can't die, unless ..........I stopped myself from thinking those horrible thoughts. I know my mom loves him, and I want to see her happy, so I guess I'll just have to live with it. Those were my last thoughts, before drifting off into an unintentional sleep.