Chapter 1: Birthday

On the street of Privet Drive laid a house. If you entered the house, all you had to do was look under the stairs and you'd see a young girl with dark brown hair, green eyes and a lighting bolt across her forehead. You would have found Briana Potter.

Briana sat now, in her bed under the stairs reading through a book called A History of Magic. Their was a small flashlight clutched in her hand as she scribbled onto a piece of parchment, her eyes screwed up as she focused on the task at hand.

Uncle Vernon, Briana's uncle, had originally hid all of her things away. Her wand, cauldron, broomstick and even her rare invisibility cloak was hidden away. Luckily, Briana was able to retrieve her spell books so that way she could do her over the summer homework.

The broom cupboard wasn't that bad. She had originally been sharing a room with her brother, Harry, but she figured she needed her own privacy. Plus, this was where it all began, wasn't it? The Cupboard Under the Stairs.

Harry was Briana's brother and just like her he had a very recognizable scar on his forehead, in the form of a lightning bolt. They also had the same bright green eyes they had inherited from their mother. Along with it, Harry had messy black hair and glasses held up on his nose. Briana and Harry were very close, because for 11 straight years Briana didn't have anyone else. The two Potters lived with their Aunt and Uncle and their cousin, Dudley, who didn't treat them the best. Briana hated living here.

The cupboard did feel homely to her. It was her place to get away. To be by herself.

Briana and Harry's mother and father had died when they were only one year old. When they were one, A Dark Wizard named Lord Voldemort had come and killed their parents. He tried doing the same to the twins, but he couldn't kill them. The curse rebounded and Voldemort's powers were destroyed.

Of course Voldemort hadn't exactly died. Briana had actually come face to face with The Dark Wizard twice.

In Briana's first year at Hogwarts, Briana had almost gotten killed by the man himself. It was revealed that he had been living on the back of her Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher's, Professor Quirrell's, head for most of the year. Voldemort had been after the Philosopher's stone, with which you could become immortal. Luckily, Harry and Briana had been able to stop them and Voldemort disappeared.

Just last year Briana had again faced her enemy, but in a different form. Voldemort had been using Ginny Weasley through a diary to attack Muggle Borns. Briana, Harry and a few of their friends were able to stop the sixteen year old Voldemort, known as Tom Riddle and kill the basilisk. Briana had destroyed the diary. Hopefully with that reassuring thing, Briana would have a Voldemort free year.

Briana missed being at Hogwarts desperately, even if the past two years had involved a ton of Voldemort. She would do anything to pull out her wand and start practicing spells, but sadly you weren't allowed to do magic unless you were seventeen outside of Hogwarts. Briana was aching to start practic again.

Briana finished a final sentence on her roll of parchment before grabbing her ink cap and placing the top on it. Briana stuffed her quill, ink, book and flashlight away and pulled the covers over her.

A figure jumped on to her bed and rubbed its head against Briana's side. It was her cat, Callie. Callie had lovely sapphire blue eyes and was a calico cat. Hagrid, the gamekeeper at Hogwarts, had given her the cat two years ago for her birthday. Briana started rubbing the cats ears. Callie purred in reply.

Briana jumped to her feet when she heard her someone creaking her door open. She cautiously took a step back, staring at the door.

Harry appeared in the door, a brood smile on his face. He was holding a few packages in his arms.