FIVE.

"Ya'know, looking back on it, it's pretty stupid that children's color books exist." Shawn spoke, flipping through the pages of the book he picked up. "They can't even see the colors; Adults would be the only ones looking at these things, right?"

Y/N rolled her eyes as she held up the pink bibs she'd been eyeing for the last ten minutes. "Shut up and help me pick. Should we get the one that says 'Mommy's little helper', or the one that says 'Daddy's girl'?

Shawn smiled and placed the book back in the with the rest of the children's books. It was a stupid question and they both knew it.

"Daddy's girl." He insisted proudly, nodding his head slowly. "Yeah, I like the sound of that."

Shawn didn't think it was possible to be in love with anyone as much as he was with Y/N, but when her pregnancy test came up positive, he felt himself falling head over heels once again.

A baby girl. An entire new outlook on life. A new person to give all of his affection to. A direct reflection of Shawn and Y/N's love.

It happened unexpectedly. The topic of kids had barely ever come up in the two years they'd been together, but deep down, they both knew they were ready. However, that's not to say that the news couldn't have come at a better time.

The wedding was happening in one month and she was now in the fourth month of pregnancy, making dress fittings an experience. There were a countless number of times she would come home from a fitting and collapse into Shawn's arms, crying about how none of the dresses would fit her.

"You shouldn't be ashamed, Y/N." Shawn would mutter, rubbing one hand on her stomach as she curled into him. "All a tight dress means is that our little girl is one step closer to being here. It doesn't make you any less beautiful and I know you'll find the perfect dress. I can't wait to marry you."

Y/N would sniff as Shawn pressed their cheeks together, falling asleep in one another's arms. He'd often fall asleep before her and she relished in the feeling of her love against him– Something that would never get old, no matter how long they were together.

The night they got engaged was unforgettable. Shawn had completely planned out some huge, extravagant proposal in which he'd sing to her onstage and propose in front of the thousands watching them; a reminder of how they got their first color at his concert. But all of that went out of the window one day.

They had turned in for the night on the couch in front of the fireplace, her makeup removed, hair disheveled, the two even wearing matching pajamas. She had fallen asleep on top of him first this time and Shawn couldn't help but admire her as if it was the first time he'd ever seen her.

And then he'd popped the question.

"Will you marry me?"

Y/N stirred a bit, groaning because he'd just woken her up from her peaceful slumber. She asked him to repeat himself as she rubbed her eyes, and he pondered for a few seconds. He wasn't sure why he had accidentally said what he said when he had a different proposal already planned out, but the words just felt right when they slipped from his mouth, which is why he had no problem repeating them. They'd seen all of their colors, they'd been living together for a while, and he couldn't imagine a life without her. He just couldn't wait anymore.

"Will you marry me?"

The rest was history, and now, here Shawn was, standing at the alter.

Friends and family could sense his nervousness as he stood there with his hands behind his back, waiting for Y/N to walk down the aisle. His breathing was shallow and nervous as he rocked himself back and forth on his toes, mentally preparing himself. He couldn't believe this was finally happening.